Caroline

(A week later).

Third Person P.O.V.

"Are you done?" Kol asked Esther in a bored tone.

A week after their mother tried killing them, Klaus and Kol still couldn't stand looking at their mother. No-one ever told Rebekah, Finn, or Elijah, all they said was they killed the witch and Elena was going to be an original. Their siblings questioned them for a few days but gave up when they didn't get any answers.

"Almost. Go to Elena's house and get a vile of blood." She commanded, looking through Ayanna's grimoire.

At the moment she was working on a spell to make a cure and she wasn't finding anything. She hoped that Klaus had better luck; he was off looking for Katerina and following a lead to a cure.

"Why do you need her blood?" Kol asked. Over the week he had become very close to Elena and was very protective of her.

"Her bloodline started this, maybe there is something in her blood that can revert her back to her human self."

Without another objection Kol whooshed to Elena's house. He swung open the door and went straight to her room. When he opened her bedroom door Elena was in just a towel coming out of the shower.

"Did you know I was coming?" Kol asked with a smirked. Elena leaped backwards, nearly dropping her towel.

"Kol! Get out!" She screeched. As much as he would love to continue playing with Elena he pulled out an empty vial.

"I just need a vial of blood for the spell." He smiled, seriously.

"Fine," she groaned, snatching the needle, putting it into her arm and filling it with her blood. "Here."

"Thank you darling," he paused looking at her car keys and purse laid out on the bed. "Where are you going?"

"Caroline's." She replied going through her clothes.

"Be careful." He warned her, before flashing back home.

"I think I can handle-" she cut herself off realizing Kol wasn't there anymore "Caroline by myself, but you had to go and leave before I could respond."

She sighed, slipped into her clothes, grabbing her keys and driving to Caroline's house.

She debated whether she should turn around and hide or knock on the door and face the consequences. She took in a breath and lifted her hand to the door.

"Elena!" Caroline shouted, opening the door and pulling her in for a hug, before she could knock.

"Where have you been! First I hear you're befriending Rebekah, then Bonnie and Stefan don't even want to mention your name, then Damon 'mysteriously' leaves town! What the hell happened!?" Caroline shouted in one breath, it was a good thing she was a vampire or she would have died from oxygen deprivation.

"Can I come in?" Elena asked timidly. Caroline opened the door all the way and stepped back but Elena didn't come inside.

"You have to invite me in, Care."

"What? that means you're a..." She rushed out of the house nearly tackling Elena with a hug. "Oh my god I'm soo sorry, I had no idea!"

"It's okay, but can we go inside?"

"Yeah- wait, actually...no, my mom isn't home and well I'm sort of- you know." She went back into the house and grabbed her purse.

"So the Grille?" Caroline asked, closing the front door and swinging her purse over her shoulder.