All In Good Time

Kol swiftly led Elena to the dance floor. The song was slow and not that many people were dancing. The only people out there were couples pressed so close together you couldn't tell who was who. Elena wondered why she had let not one, not two, but three originals get her to dance. 'Well, I didn't really have a choice with Klaus, but I still KISSED! him. Wait! I just kissed Klaus MIKAELSON! The cause of all of my pain and suffering. The reason for Jenna's death.' She was pulled out of her thoughts when Kol gently shook her shoulders.

"Elena darling..." Kol said looking concerned. Concerned? Wow today is full of surprises. He questioned himself on whether or not turning his humanity on was a good thing. He did not want to feel anything for this little doppelgänger, yet here he was concerned.

"Yeah?" She asked pretending She wasn't just completely zoned out.

"I asked if you wanted a drink." Kol repeated.

"I thought we were just going to dance?" She asked innocently. Kol rolled his eyes at her stupidity.

He led them to a corner of the room so it was slightly more private.

"Dancing is no fun without alcohol." Kol fake pouted throwing in some puppy dog eyes. No one ever resisted Kol when he did that. Until now...

"No!" Elena stated firmly.

That was it; he had to get her. He still did not love, or even like her but she intrigued him. She was a challenge and challenges were always fun and paid off way better. Elena was tolerable and nothing more, he told himself. However the more he said it the more he knew he was lying.

"C'mon." He whined pulling her a little closer to the bar.

"I don't like the alcohol here." Elena lied, pulling back but Kol didn't falter his smirk only grew.

"Okay." Kol replied deviously. With that he looped an arm around her waist and vamp sped to the Grille. Kol swiftly unlocked the door with vampire speed and set her down in a booth. Then went to the back room to get alcohol.

No one seen that Kol was running at super sonic speed because everyone was at the 'Mikaelson ball.' Elena gasped for air when Kol gently set her down in a booth. 'Damned vampire speed.' She groaned. She immediately got up and charged towards Kol, who was pouring two shots for them and turning on the music. When he seen her at the other side of the bar he slid her a drink.

"Kol what the hell!!!" She shouted once she had regained her voice.

"What you don't like vodka?" He asked innocently, putting the bottle back down.

"No-" she started but got cut off.

"It's okay princess. Don't freak out, I put it away. We can have bourbon instead." He smirked keeping up the charade.

"Kol stop it! Why did you do that!" She growled sitting on a bar stool.

"That party was a complete bore don't you think?" Kol grinned, plopping down next to her.

"Kol just answer my question." Elena sighed and let her head fall on the bar, out of exhaustion. Today had taken its toll on her and she was about to break.

"I'm not that bad, darling." He said, placing a hand on her back.

"Yes you are! You are an emotionless original vampire that kills without remorse! You play with girls hearts and you break them! You are an unredeemable monster." Elena shouted reaching her breaking point. After the words left her mouth she realized what she just said went over the line, she didn't even know Kol and she was judging him. She covered her mouth and started to apologies but Kol cut her off.

"I have my humanity on you know." He shrugged it off and pretended it didn't feel like he just got daggered through the heart.

In all honesty he cared about what Elena thought about him. When she was angry it was worse than when she kissed Klaus. This was his fault and everything she said was true. He had to be better to win her heart. It was more than just a game it was his humanity and he realized his humanity is what he wanted more than anything.

"You, what?" She asked shocked.

"I turned it on when you kissed Klaus." He replied shrugging.

"I...umm... He- we were-" she stuttered. She felt the blood rush to her cheeks and could only imagine how flustered she looked.

If they weren't talking about Elena kissing Klaus, he would have thought she looked adorable when she was blushing. And here he was yet again starting to feel for the doppelgänger.

"I should take you home." Kol stated, not wanting to feel too much in one night.

"Really?" Elena asked shocked. Why was he suddenly pulling away and hiding again? He just started to care and now he shuts it down again?

"Yeah it's a school night." He smirked, draping an arm over her shoulder and leading her out side.

"Why would you care if it's a school night?"

"All in good time little grasshopper." He answered. He swooped her into his arms and sped as fast as he could her house.

Yet again she was caught off guard and left gasping for air.

"How did you know were I live?"

"Don't flatter yourself darling." He smirked and Elena glared at him. "Klaus told me."

"Why would-" Elena started but got cut off.

"Enough! Stop with the questions." Kol whined, rolling his head back in annoyance.

"But-"

"No!"

"Okay! But-"

This time he cut her off with his own lips. He rushed into her and slammed his lips against hers. He did not want their first kiss like this, but something about it felt right. It was not gentle, it was not perfect and it sure as hell was not love. It was Kol, the original vampire showing, Elena the human doppelgänger, that he did care. Maybe not enough for love or to change but enough not to kill her. It was a sign of peace, friendship

However Elena thought it was just kol making a drunken mistake. She thought Kol was totally wasted and would regret this in the morning.

"Uhhh..." She was going to say something but she didn't know what. What are you supposed to say when an original kisses you. So she just ran into the house and into her room. She ripped of her dress and got under her covers to pretend it didn't happen.

Kol was absolutely dumbfounded. Did she prefer Klaus? He asked himself insecurely. That was impossible right? He had never been more nervous in his life and he was an original vampire. He was supposed to make Elena nervous not the other way around. Women swooned over him day and night, but here he was being... Rejected? That word was not even in his vocabulary. He had to up his antics.

"All in good time." He repeated smirking, because now he had a plan.

A/N: so this is my first TVD fanfic I hope you enjoyed it. I am still having a tough time deciding who should be endgame. I love Kol but I also love Klaus! And well Elijah and Stefan and Damon and I guess I love them all!

Comment on what you like or didn't like, and who should be endgame.

Vote if you like it and think I should continue.

So... Yeah this was part 2! Love you all!

~Bella(;