Chapter 25

- "Okay everything sounds good until now, but how we will win them and take the captives unharmed when we lack in numbers so much?" - Mina said.

- "We have four Chaos Emeralds, five persons capable to deal with their power and one very skilled fighter. So, except that useless thing over there I can say that we have good possibilities in this fight." - Shadow reply made Ash real angry about his comment even if he didn't say anything.

- Shadow please. You don't have to so aggressive towards him. He really matters to Mina you know.

- Okay Molly. As you wish. But I'm only doing it for her understand you scum?

- Shadow! - Molly yelled.

SG interrupted their conversation suddenly.

- "Hey who is there?" - SG yelled as he saw one man approaching with a white flag in his shoulder.

All of them quickly gathered around the stranger.

- Hello friends. My name is Donald Merton and I'm the leader of the local resistance group.

- "Resistance group against what?" - SG asked.

- "Huh. The war is more complicated here. We don't only fight against the mutants here. We fight in two fronts." - Donald said.

- "And which the fuck is the second front?" - Shadow said.

- Against the government. Against these fucking people that made the experiment about this fucking virus. Of course, now we know that the virus was only a cover up to hide the results of their first failed tests. And in the end as we unfortunately again know that experiment killed hundreds of millions around the globe.

- "What happened in this experiment?" - Sonic said.

- We haven't understood anything until they have started it already. Until a huge light has been unleashed into the sky.

- "Chaos energy." - Shadow commented.

- I don't know how you call it, but as we learned later from some people that left the army of USA government to fight against their real enemies, they tried to mix the power of some Emeralds with nuclear power and even if radioactivity effects were altered, the results were even worse.

- And hasn't anyone else learned about this yet?

- That is the reason that we fight them. Because they swear to god and country to defend its residents. And you know what they done after that to keep their oath? They started slaughtering all the people of the near towns to cover it up and kidnapped many of them to replenish their ranks. The remaining have formed a group to save their lives from both the government and the mutants. That is the group that I was talking about.

- "How many are you?" - Knuckles finally broke his silence.

- Excuse me?

- I said, how many men do you have that they are capable and willing to fight?

- Two hundred. But what makes you think that I'm willing to give them?

- I'm sure you are more than willing. Because that's the reason that you came here. Right?

And so, a small army of humans' rebels together with Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, SG, Mina and Molly were marching for the fight against USA government forces. And Seelkadoom.

- "You will stay hidden somewhere safe until we end with this. Okay?" - Mina said to Ash.

- Sure. I'm many things but a fighter is not one of them. And I don't have any intention to be a burden for you in this fight.

- You will never be a burden for me.

- I love you Mina.

- I love you too Ash.