Chapter 23

- Mister President, your suit is ready for use!

- Okay General Corrin, thank you. Tell the soldiers to rest. They must be fresh tomorrow.

USA government prepared as good as it was able for the fight. They have gathered supplies, set up defensive turrets, repaired all drones, put anti-aircraft missiles and even taken out their last backlog of tanks, aircraft and helicopter all over USA. The only problem that they had was the amount of men that could gather in Washington D.C as they were not many carrier and firing to refill them and the president was aloof of the contingency of risking to bring more men here. So, they only managed to collect...

- Nice toy. It's not going to help you very much against them though. Better hide here. You are a human so it will be easy for you. Cowardliness flow through your veins.

- I'm not a coward. Now that I'm inside this fight, I will fight. And if you come here to insult me, Seelkadoom, then it's not the right time.

- I will do it whenever I like you worthless being! Now cut the crap and tell me. How many men have you gathered?

- Two thousand.

- You must be fucking kidding me.

- We lost too many men during this war already. And I need, Earth needs, to have as much as back forces as she can, if we are to take her back from the mutants and possibly from these creatures. We must also consider the case of a defeat.

- I don't think about defeat. I don't use this word. And I don't care. You told me that you are the greatest fucking nation in this planet. That you can gather nearly one hundred thousand soldiers straightway. And in the end, you gather only two thousand of them.

- They are the best of the best. Special Forces men only. And they will be enough with your help. It was not easy to transfer men even from inside Washington near to the Capitol. Imagine trying this all over America. And don't forget that we have spent most of the fuel carrying them and the equipment that we have here.

- For your own sake tomorrow make your men be at least worth of fighting.

At the same time downstairs...

- Shadow.

Maria the Hedgehog's body was all wounded by the tortures of President's men. She was gathering flowers in a field in the island, when they take her suddenly. They couldn't let the chance to discover the secrets of her creation go to garbage and so they have learnt from the remnants of their surveillance in Mobius her location. (Just a little bit earlier Eggman start to find out what's happening and destroyed a lot of their equipment there) And so, some commandos assaulted the island and kidnapped her in silence. They were hoping to get information from her about the incident of her ''birth'' but her mouth always opened to say only one word.

- Shadow.

- "Come on you bitch! Just spit out something damn it." - One of her torturers said before putting back her head in a bucket of water.

- Leave her Ronald. We will continue with her after the battle.

- Can't say, she's a hard nut pal.

- She will not be soon. Come on, let's go rest. Tomorrow it's gonna be a big day.

- ''Tomorrow is going to be the day of freedom.'' - Maria the Hedgehog thought.