Chapter 22

- "Come on, get moving! This is our only chance!" - Molly yelled at Ash.

Molly together with Mina Mongoose and Ash Mongoose have eavesdrop from a group of American survivors earlier that night about the assault in the SEGA building in California by one human and some unidentified beings. The news has spread fast throughout USA outmatching even though the obstacle of mutants as many were speaking about an alien invasion of beings that only want to slaughter humans, other were seeing them as messiahs and some were believing the same as SG. That they will be helpful allies in the great war against the mutants.

- "Damn it! Ι have improved my endurance over the past two years but keep your pace a little bit slower I can't catch neither of you!" - Ash said.

- "Sorry, but Molly is doing the right thing sweetheart. So, keep moving if you don't mind." - Mina answered.

- Yeah, I am not exactly looking forward to meeting again your antipathetic ex-eros Mina.

- "But I look forward to meet Shadow so shut up already and move your ass...Ash!" - Molly couldn't believe that Ash was thinking his envy of Sonic right now.

- Look Ash, I know that you don't like him. And even if taking back our memories was a big shock for all of us after two years of playing hide and seek with these motherfuckers you must see that he is our only chance to get back home. Is that understandable love?

- "Yes, it is Mina." - Ash thought from his inside that is no use to argue with her right now and even more when she was dedicated to save them. He understood this fact completely, but he just wouldn't like to say it loud. After some seconds he thought of what they have been through to escape from the Capitol and to survive to wild places fighting mutants and humans trying to be "stealth" for the past two years. And he opened his step.

- "Shhh be quiet you two! Can you hear this noise?" - Molly said.

- "Don't tell me that it's these human survivors again? I don't intend to fight them but if they see us, they are not going to welcome us with open arms." - Mina said - "The footsteps heard are from a group of people for sure. There are many different sounds of steps. Prepare yourselves quickly."

Molly and Ash took out their guns and Mina prepared for a high-speed attack. Mina made a signal to hold on even if they were getting closer so they can surprise them but exactly at that time Shadow spoke. The company of heroes were ready to stop after one day of tiresome route.

- These trees there seem good to take some rest. But let's check them out to be sure first.

Molly haven't resisted the temptation...she threw her gun down and run in front of the shocked Shadow while Mina and Ash followed her quickly. - "Shadow you remember me?"

- "How can you even ask? I don't know what to say anymore. I have every beloved that I thought I lost back in my life." - Shadow said - "And now that I will take her back, I will meet you one very special person."

- Shadow are you talking about Maria?

- Yes, I'm talking about Maria, Molly. It will be a pleasure for me to meet you two. You will finally understand why you remember me so much of her.

Molly is sixteen years old (after these two years that she was awoke from the cryogenic sleep) human girl around with around one hundred sixty cm tall. Before many years Shadow saved Molly from an army of robots called Metarex and she thought that he was a mysterious hero known on her home planet, Cascade, as Black Wind. The same day that Shadow met Molly, she committed what could be considered suicide during an attack from the Metarex, which brought an image Maria back into Shadow's mind and after that Shadow mentioned how much she reminds him of Maria Robotnik. After the fight and her death Shadow built a memorial for her. Of course, all of them where erased by the actions of the USA government in their first experiment of resetting the timeline. Luckily for the people of Molly, they haven't paid their attention to Cascade ever from then.

After all Shadow just couldn't hold himself anymore. He hugged Molly for some minutes, and he was crying. But these tears were tears of joy.

At the same time everybody else were looking at the scene but two of them were a little bit more awkward. Sonic said the first words though.

- Hello Mina. It's been a long time huh?

- Yeah, many lifetimes I can say.

- Many lifetimes? So, you know already?

- About our past lives? Yeah, we suddenly recovered the memories of all of them. Guess that you have something to do with it?

- Basically, everyone here has something to do with it! I will explain everything to all of you later.

- Ha-ha! You never stop to seek action, right?

- Some things never change!

Mina laughed again and then he hugged Sonic with warmth for some seconds. Sonic returned the warmth at the same ''rate'' before Ash interrupted them.

- Okay I think that it is enough.

- Hello Ash. How things are going?

- I hope that they will get well Sonic. At every matter.

- "Ash cut it out. Let me make things clear. Again! I loved Sonic at the past that's true. And I still love him in a different way. You are my boyfriend and Sonic is a good friend of mine. And Sonic if you are the same person and you have the same character that I remember we all know where your heart belongs. Even though I always thought that the crown does not suit well in your semblance!" - Mina said with a big smile in her face.

Sonic sighed at the start but smiled a little bit at the end of Mina's comment. But when he was just about to start his phrase Knuckles, SG, Shadow and Molly came next to them simultaneously greeting and acquainting each other.

Sonic knew that no matter how much he postponed it he will have to answer to his dilemma soon. The big problem for him was that no matter what he will chose he will break the heart of the one of the two girls he ever really loved much. Unfortunately for him he was not as determined as Knuckles who already have taken his decision.

He was hating things that he can't solve with his speed. And now he was hoping that he will make the correct choice, or he will destroy the dreams either of Amy or Sally. Hoping as well that this choice will not conclude him hate himself at the end.