Chapter 20

- "So, what else is written inside this god damn folder?" - Knuckles said still upset from the yesterday fight at California.

- "Okay last night I have read many parts of it. Just as well that I remembered to take it up though from this mess. So, to get straight into the point. Knuckles when they have done the last ''reboot'' at Mobius timeline they were thinking to make you look like an idiot. Same but in smaller scale goes for Shadow, Sonic, Tails and Eggman. I can't think why though, and it doesn't explain it here. Thankfully they didn't have the time and the comfort to do it after the Apocalypse. The most interesting part though is that in the last chapter it says that in an event of a global catastrophe the last solution will be to colonize Mobius." - SG answered.

- "What? Colonizing our planet?" - Knuckles said.

- As you were just puppets for them...yeah. They thought that it will be a good idea in an emergency.

- Does it say whom they are holding there too?

- Yeah it does. They have a list from the persons they are holding because of this project. I never thought that the underneath of the Capitol will be used as a prison.

- "It's unbelievable guys but...wait a minute!" - Sonic have taken the file for some minutes and start reading a specific chapter about an old friend of his.

- "They have made Cream and her mother not only a little bit older and physically grown but they also made them knew how to fight? Ohhh, thankfully." - Sonic sighed - "At least it says that they have kept their real character and that is the reason why they ended the experiment. Even if I can't imagine how Cream and her mother will react about Cheese. Damn it. This monster killed an innocent and harmless creature for no reason. And Shadow, here it says the same experiment applied to Maria."

- Maria? What do you mean Sonic?

- That they healed her, let her grow up for six years to be a grown adult and when it was time to reach her eighteenth year, she was awake but still prisoned. At the meantime they forced her to study many subjects about science to discover as many secrets of her father as they could. Maria never give up though. And so, they have just been forced to put her into cryogenic inhibition again.

- So, Maria is still alive. But how is that possible? I watched her being shot.

- Yes, you watched her. She was severely wounded, but she never died. She was in a comatose situation until the humans finally took her.

- That is unbelievable! For so many years I thought that she died up there. Damn it! But thinking about it will not help us in anything. The only thing I can do is move on and rectify about that. Does it say anything about Molly?

- Let me see. Her name is not in the list. And it doesn't seem that they have executed her.

- It's a fucking miracle! Molly and Maria. They are both alive. But where Molly can be?

- Don't know pal. Her name is not here. And neither is Mina's or her boyfriend's as I can see.

- "Sorry for the interruption guys. Sonic, I don't mean to tell you any more bad news, but I really must. Big the Cat, Froggy, Ella, Tanaka and Chris parents were of no use for their purposes and so..." - SG said.

- Please don't say what I think that you will say.

- I'm truly sorry Sonic.

- No, no, no. it can't be true! Damn it! Things are going from bad to worse. What does the folder say about Chuck, Daniel, Frances, and Helen? They were together with Chris too. Please just say me that they are alive.

- "They are alive. But their parents are not. Same as..." - SG couldn't even end his phrase. His eyes were not looking at Sonic direction.

- Noo! Oh my god! What about my brother Manic and my sister Sonia?

Instead of an answer Sonic just saw SG face. In only two minutes he has lost all the family that he ever had.

Sonic was heartbroken from what he just heard but he found the courage to ask SG another question even if his instinct have already correctly guessed the answer. - "What happened to the planet that I was together with Chris and everyone else?"

SG sighed intensely before he spoke. - "Bombed and totally destroyed with nuclears and other weapons by the US government. They didn't need that planet anymore and so they thought that it was a good field for testing weapons even if they slaughtered millions of living beings."

And so Sonic couldn't hold his tears anymore.

- So many lives gone just because some persons decided to end them for no reason. - Sonic said as start crying.

SG known it was not the right time to continue the discussion. So, the next word that he said was after two hours of silent trip by everyone.

- I haven't mentioned you before. Cosmo...

- "What about Cosmo?" - Sonic said.

- It says here that they are still holding her in the Capitol.

- That's something good to hear! And Tails will be excited. Even if it going to make things with Zooey complicated for sure.

- Things are going to be complicated for every each one of you here at this subject Sonic.

- "Not for me mate." - Shadow said slightingly.

- "Whatever..." - Sonic understand what SG wanted to say both for him and for Knuckles. But he didn't want to discuss it, so he changed the subject. - "So, does it say anything what about Silver and Blaze?"

- "They are not in the list neither." - SG answered. - "But we must not forget that the most important part is that they are keeping there the power of the Chaos Emeralds. If we release this energy, we will destroy one and for all their suzerainty over your world. And of course, they had a portal to have access to your planet anytime they want. That's also your ticket of return to your home.

- "The power of the Chaos Emeralds. Even if it wasn't possible for them to use it for their military purposes it's unbelievable that we only know the nothing about their power. But our real problem is that the persons that keep them have Seelkadoom as their ally. And they know we are coming for them." - Shadow pointed out.

- "Guess that we must take our chances Shadow." - Sonic said - "I lost way too many things not to try."