Bonnie MacFarlane x Reader - Wild Horses

Hi everybody! I've gotten a lot of requests for Bonnie! Yay!!! I miss seeing her in the game
;(

Before we start this, please understand that this story is "Gender - Neutral". I try to make the reader in the story be available to any gender to what you guys prefer. I won't write a chapter based on a certain gender and it also can affect the way I write. Sorry!

And if I make mistakes, please let me know!

⚠️WARNING SPOILERS⚠️

~Plot-Line:
This oneshot will take place in RDR1. In the very beginning of the game, Bonnie and John Marston go out and tame wild horses! Instead, the reader (Who will have taken John's place) and Bonnie will go out with her father to tame wild horses themselves.

~Relationship Status:
Bonnie MacFarlane and the reader are close friends, however Bonnie is starting to slowly fall for the reader.

~Word Count:
3353

Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Your Last Name

Enjoy!
(WILL be eventually edited later.)
——

The sun rays shine through the window of the shack Mrs. MacFarlane was kind enough to lend me. I groan, not wanting to get my ass up and out of bed. I was comfortable until I heard the blacksmith begin sharpening his tools on his stone sharpening wheel.

I quickly put my hands over my ears and try to quiet the sound, but it fails to do so. I sit up, and roll my eyes. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed, my eyes dart in the direction I last put my hat. Which was directly next to the bed on the nightstand. I grab it, and walk outside of the shack I called home.

The sun was blinding when I stepped outside, it took my eyes a moment to adjust. The hot sun was beating down on everybody, but it didn't stop anybody from doing their daily chores and jobs. The ranch hands were tending to the livestock, feeding the cows and grooming the horses.

I decided to go pay Mrs. MacFarlane a visit, I probably should go see if she has any work for me. After all, I did owe her for rescuing me from Fort Mercer. It costed them fifteen dollars to remove the bullet wound to save my life.

I look at the sheriff's office, it seemed pretty busy in there from all the yelling going on in there. Probably a new idiot behind bars. As I walked up the steps, I could hear a little commotion going on from the inside. I decided to let myself in and I'm greeted by Mrs. MacFarlane who rises from her sofa in the living room to greet me.

"Well hello, Y/N, how are you?" She asks me, the man behind her looks at me then back to Bonnie MacFarlane. "Fine thank you, how are you?" I respond with ease, the cold stare from the man on the sofa behind Bonnie was making me nervous.

"I'm fine, thank you." She says with a smile and then the man gets up, "Did you meet my father?"

"Y/N L/N, this is my father, Drew MacFarlane." Her father comes up from behind her, his eyes on me. He holds out a hand and I take off my hat. "Pleasure to meet you, L/N."

Mr. MacFarlane then looks at the couch and urges me to it, "Please."

"So.. My daughter informs me that you're here on some secret mission to remove some undesirables from the county." He tells me as we all sit down and make conversation.

I chuckle to what Bonnie's father tells me, "Something like that." Bonnie pours us both a cup of tea, and I take the cup of tea before looking back at Mr. MacFarlane. "I'm grateful for the hospitality, sir."