Sadie Adler x Reader - Moving On

Requested by @seethefireinyoureyes

~Plot-Line:
This oneshot will have allowed Sadie to move on from her late husband, Jake. Sadie and the reader are going to go hunting up North. (Cumberland Forest) They will settle down for the night and start up a conversation, where things get a bit crazy.

~Relationship Status:
The reader has a huge crush on Sadie Adler.

~Word Count:
1679

Enjoy!

Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Your Last Name

——

It was a cold morning, and I was sitting by the campfire warming my hands. I rubbed my face, trying to wake up.

Folk were still getting up, putting a coat on before leaving their tents. Things weren't too good for us recently, and supplies have been running short.

I hear someone come up from behind me, and someone claps their hand on my shoulder. "How's it going, for a fine person like you?" I hear Pearson's voice. I instantly knew he was up to something, trying to sweet talk me.

I play along for a bit and chuckle to myself, "Mornin' Pearson. Cold, but it'll be okay." He nods in agreement, looking over his shoulder at the meat wagon and back at me.

I cross my arms, raising an eyebrow. "What do you want now, Pearson?" Pearson gives me a look, and then gives in. "It's gettin' real cold now. Folk won't be too happy without stew. We're low on meat and it'd be good to stock up before I get bowls tossed at me."

I sigh, and sit down by the campfire. Looking up at him, I grin. "What? Can't the fat man ride out and hunt a few deer by himself?"

Pearson is taken back a bit and snaps at me, "I ain't no hunter! I cook for the gang so we don't starve. Hurry up and get me something before they have my head!" I let out a big sigh, and get to my feet. Walking towards the horses, I whistle at my horse. He nickers back, and shakes his mane.

I mount up, about ready to set off when someone strolls on their horse. Shit!

I see Sadie Alder ride in towards camp, and she glances at me. My hands start to shake, and she calls my name out.

"Y/N!"

My horse walks forward, and Sadie calls my name again. "Y/N!"

I look over my shoulder, "H-Howdy." I hear my voice stutter.

It's been a few months since I had a massive crush on Ms. Adler. I never could probably tell her because of her late husband, and I'm not the type of man to force anyone into any of that. It's just wrong.

Sadie rides her horse up next to mine, and pulls the reins. She looks at me, and I look at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

"Where ya aheadin' off to?" She says, looking at me.

"Pearson needs me to get some hunting done for the camp. We need meat for the stew, or folk will get angry." I calmly, even tho I was extremely nervous. My hands were shaking and my mind was filled with thoughts of Sadie.

"Well, two is better than one! We'll get more to eat this way, C'mon! I know a good spot!" My eyes widen slightly as she takes the lead. Gulping, my horse matches her pace. We continue across the Heartlands and head up towards Cumberland Forest.

We spot a few deer, but small ones. Nothing too worth our time or interest. We cross a river, and eventually find a lake. Sadie pulls on her reins to slow her horse and I follow her lead. She dismounts and opens her saddlebag.