Kieran Duffy x Reader - Befriending the Enemy

Requested by @ConnorDonovan4

⚠️WARNING SPOILERS⚠️

~Plot-Line:
This is going to take place when Kieran is tied up to a tree and antagonized by the gang. The reader will be quietly be giving him table scraps and slowly improve their relationship. Things will start going well until the gang tries to go after Colm O'Driscoll...

~Relationship Status:
The reader and Kieran Duffy will start off as acquaintances and slowly build up their relationship as the oneshot goes on.

~Word Count:
3840

Okay, this is coming from me, does anyone just like, Love Kieran's eyes, or just me? The picture above makes them stand out so well.

Enjoy!

Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Your Last Name

——

It's the last day of being up in the Grizzles, after this few weeks of being suck in the cold, we'll finally be able to see the green grass once again! The gang packs up the last few items, and I make eye contact with Lenny. He nods his head towards the wagon, motioning me to ride shotgun. I walk quickly to the other side, and jump on.

"Away from the bitter cold!" He excitedly says, and urges the horses to move after the wagon in front of us.

"I'll finally be able to feel my nose! From how many run-ins we've had with the O'Driscoll's, I've yet to take a moment and warm up." I say as my hands feel my face, trying to warm it up. I was freezing, even with a warm coat on.

Lenny looks to me, "We'll be out of here shortly. It'll be too hot for these jackets soon enough." We hear a cough behind us in the wagon, and I look behind us. The member of our rival gang continues to cough and hack.

The O'Driscoll that Arthur seemed to capture was in the back of the wagon, freezing. I frown, having some sympathy. I take off my warm coat, and stand up, crawling into the back of the wagon.

"What are you doing, Y/N?" Lenny asks, looking over his shoulder as he drives the horses.

"Poor feller is gonna freeze to death. I'll be fine, we're almost out of here anyways. Unlike him, he might not live with no layers." The O'Driscoll looks at me, confused. I then give him the coat, he looks up at me, grateful. He opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out.

"Nah, it's fine. Thank me later, warm up." I crawl back into my seat next to Lenny. Soon, I see the grass again. I take a deep breath of the air, and let it all out. We hear a crash, and look behind us to see Hosea and Arthur cursing, the wagon wheel falling off.

Hosea waves off to us, "We'll catch up!" Lenny waves to him, and we wave back. Charles and Hosea hold up the wagon while Arthur helps put on the wheel.

"They'll be fine, Hosea knows where he's going." We get back onto the road, and drive into the Heartlands. We soon arrive at the place Dutch and Hosea were going off about.

Horseshoe Overlook it was called. We drive our wagons right onto the campsite, and we all start to unload our things.

Miss Grimshaw shouts and gives orders to us, telling us where things are going. Before we know it, we've turned this place into a camp.

I hear shouts, and groans and look to my left. I see Bill shoving the O'Driscoll to a tree, and tying him up. I couldn't help but feel bad from how poorly he's been treated. But from how much I hate Colm O'Driscoll, I can't really complain.