Charles Smith x Reader - Hunting Day

Requested by @Tweek-sama

~Plot-Line:
This oneshot will be about how the reader and Charles go on a hunting trip to get meat for camp.

~Relationship Status:
The reader and Charles are in a relationship

~Word Count:
2144

Enjoy!

Y/N - Your Name
L/N - Your Last Name

——

We were up in the Grizzles, the law had chased us out of Blackwater. Whatever had really happened on that boat, really hit us hard. Folk were shaken up, scared and nervous about our next move. It was cold, and the storm had just about ended.

Our food supply wasn't the greatest, people were getting hungry real fast. We all were almost starving, and all we had was a rabbit. To feed about 12 people, we'd need a few deer minimum.  I walk towards Pearson and Charles, who seem to be in conversation.

"We have a few cans of food, and a rabbit..." Pearson seems stressed, not knowing how to feed so many people with such few food supplies.

"For what, ten, twelve people?" He states, Charles and I exchange glances.

"When I was in the Navy..." Pearson began, and I rolled my eyes. We've all heard this story so many times.

"I-I do not wish to hear about..." I began, a bit nervous. I then finish, "What you got up to in the Navy, Mr. Pearson."

"We were stranded at sea..." Pearson sighs, trying to make his point still. "For fifty days."

I try to hold back a chuckle, but fail to. "And you unfortunately survived..." Charles gives a laugh, and I laugh along with him.

"When we ran away from Blackwater," Pearson begins, "I wasn't able to get supplies in." He takes us back to when he was in the Navy. Yawning, I become bored of this story.

"Well, when government agents are hunting you down..." I try to say to him, saying that we really didn't have the time to take anything with us or we'd all be goners. "Sometimes shopping trips need to be cut short." I finish my sentence.

Continuing my response I say, "We'll survive... We always have." I wasn't wrong, we've probably been in worst situations then our current one. We make it one way out or another.

Charles speaks up, a grin plastered on his face. "And if needs be. We can eat you, Your the fattest." I give a good laugh, Pearson tends to ignore Charles' comment and continues to complain. "I sent Lenny and Bill hunting and they found nothing."

I really never thought Lenny as the type to hunt, or cook. "Well, Lenny's more into book learning than hunting." I answer him honestly. "Bill's a fool, Unless those mountains are full of game that wanna read... Ain't no wonder what they found." Charles comes up next to me, and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Enough of this." He says, his voice right next to my ear. Charles speaks calmly, "We'll go find something. Come on, Y/N." I hear him call, and I quickly follow after him.

Me and Charles have been together for awhile now, we don't really do much Public PDA, but when we're alone together, things can get a bit steamy.

We mount our horses that were hitched outside, and I follow Charles through the fluffy white snow. It hits my legs, and melts against them. The freezing cold water stings my legs as we continue to ride.

"You going to show me how to use a bow?" I ask him, and he looks behind him at me. Charles gives me a small smile, which I return. "I'll try my best." He responds to my question.