"Sit." Tony instructed me and pointed to a chair.

"Now that we have everyone here," Steve cleared his throat and glared at Tony and me, "let's begin."

"Rhodey advised me yesterday morning that the United States government has been receiving complaints about electricity problems. Seems normal, right? Well, looking further into it, scientists like Dr. Banner," he nodded to Bruce, "have completed testing on what may be a supernatural phenomenon. This is very interesting of course and a huge breakthrough for science. However," he took a dramatic pause as he stared at all of us, "we need to keep our guards up. We don't know if these guys are good or bad. And, if you notice anything out of the ordinary, please don't hesitate to let me or Rhodey know immediately."

"Rogers?" Tony raised his hand.

Steve sighed. "Yes, Tony?"

"Your fly's down."

Steve looked down and zipped his pants up quickly, his face flashing red.

The room was filled with hushed snickers and Steve continued, slightly disgruntled. "You all are dismissed. Bye."

He gathered his things and left as we all got up and started talking.

As I was grabbing my backpack, I noticed a group of people walking past outside the conference room. A boy with brown hair, a girl with red hair, and another boy with blonde hair.

Oh wait.

I opened the door and ran out to the hall. "Hey!"

They all looked back at me. I walked over to them and looked directly at the blonde one.

"Your name is Harley, right? I met you yesterday?"

"Yeah," Harley laughed. "A fellow intern," he gestured to me and the rest of the group smiled.

"So... why are you guys up here?" I whispered. "I thought interns were only allowed clearance to floors 1-6. This is floor 82."

"We have special permission." Harley pulled out a pink slip of paper. "From Pepper Potts."

"Oh, her. Yeah." I scoffed. "What does she need?"

"I'll tell you if you tell me why you're up here," Harley pointed at me accusingly. "You're not supposed to be here either."

"Oh, um..."

I hadn't thought through this.

"Mr. Stark needed me." I blurted out.

"Mr. Stark? As in, Tony Stark?!" He said excitedly.

"Yep," I fidgeted with my hoodie strings awkwardly.

"Dude, I haven't seen him in years."

"Yeah, uh... he just needed me to... get him coffee. As interns do."

"Oh. Well that's still really cool." He patted me on the back. "That's like getting a promotion
intern-style."

I laughed. "Sure is. I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Yeah, see you later." He waved at me and the group kept walking.

He still didn't tell me what Pepper needed, I thought bitterly as I trudged away.

*HARLEY'S POV*

Yeah, we totally created a fake permission slip.

We had to see the rest of the tower, and if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.

My new friends are also interns. Their names are Eric and Felicity. We immediately hit it off as soon as we met.

I ran into Peter, the guy I met yesterday, on the 82nd floor and I kinda freaked out. First of all, we weren't supposed to be there. Second of all, he's hella cute.

I played it off though. I flashed the fake permission slip and he wanted to know what Pepper needed from us but I brought up something else to keep his mind off of it.

Worked like a charm.

I'm really hoping to get see Tony again while I'm here. It's been so long since I've seen him. That winter when he met me in Tennessee and totally crashed my house doesn't seem that long ago, though.

It's still funny to think about.

I wonder if Peter is dating someone...

Probably a girl. Ew.

Well... you never know.

I need to stop getting my hopes up.

We all reached the 4th floor, where we usually work, and went our separate ways after saying bye to each other. I don't really have anything I need to do.

So I sat at my desk and made paper airplanes. Then I crumpled them up and shot them into the wastebasket, seeing how many times I could score. Then, I made a song by tapping my pencil.

Ugh. This is boring.

Then, I saw something zoom past the giant windows pointing towards the city. I ran over to it and looked out. For a few seconds, all seemed normal. But then, Spider-Man swung out from behind a building a few blocks away.

I smiled.

Must be nice to live in a city with superheroes roaming around. I still wonder why they don't want people knowing who they are though.

Like Spider-Man. Always wearing a mask. I wish I knew who he was. I've always envisioned a muscular dude with black hair and piercing green eyes. Kind of like Superman.

But Superman isn't real.

-
-
-

{A/N sorry this took so long to write. I had some writer's block while trying to finish this and I've been kind of stressed since school is starting back in 2 days for me. anyway, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me so don't miss an update! also be sure to read my other books on my other account marvelisourtype thank youuu}

bye for now

•1,395 words•