Seokjin - Never Meant To Be

A/n: Longest chapter ever written ^^

@Zh_huihui hope you like it!!

-----

Third person's pov。

Somewhere in the country

"Jihye... I trust that you will be able to fulfil the client's request as per normal, right?" The man said, as he gestured to another man who was supposedly the client, that had sat behind a blind.

The client had stayed silent throughout as he watched the boss brief his most priced possession on her next mission, through the blinds that separated them.

Jihye's mind had been in a frenzy ever since she heard the request, yet she appeared to be expressionless. The gears in her head were functioning crazily as she tried to wonder the reason behind this request.

Despite her confusion, she had swallowed all her doubts in an instant as she replied,

"Yes, boss. Leave it to me."

She had no right to question her boss' orders. After all, she need this money. She needed this job.

-----

In the palace

"Ain't you gorgeous?" the crown prince winked, as he caressed his own face, staring at his own reflection in the mirror. A knock on the door brought him back to his senses, as his servant went into his chamber.

"왕자. It's time for your royal duties." Hyuk said, his body arched over in respect.

"Ah, sorry. I'll get going now." Seokjin dusted his hanbok as he got up from his seat. His needlework left unfinished on the small wooden table. It was a rare day that he could take a rest and indulge in his hobby, before he had to get back to work, yet he got distracted by the mirror beside him.

"It's time for me to patrol the village, right?" Seokjin spoke as he and his servant walked down the corridors.

"Yes, the villagers are all expecting you, my prince."

Seokjin just smiled at the thought of busking in the cheerful vibes, as villagers rustle about the streets as they carry on their exciting daily life.

It was always a calming process for Seokjin. It was the only session on his schedule that he looked forward to.

The guards on duty bowed as they opened the gates, making way for the duo to leave the palace. Seokjin just smiled as he nodded back.

Kim Seokjin. The heir to the throne. He's unlike any other snoobish princes of other states. He's generous and caring for all his people, that all the villagers are looking forward to him taking the rule.

Kim Seokjin greeted people that passed by, as he nibbled on some street food that he bought. He was just casually strolling about with his servant before a figure suddenly appeared before him, causing him to let out a yelp of surprise.

"Hyung!" A familiar voice exclaimed.

"Yah! Taehyung, you scared me!" Seokjin gasped, as he clutched his chest, his eyeballs still shaking from the sudden surprise.

"That was the purpose." Taehyung chuckled as he grabbed his elder brother's arm, dragging him along.

Kim Taehyung. The younger prince. Unlike his older brother who was usually more calm and collected, this young man was full of mischief and surprises, bringing joy wherever he went. Despite the two brothers not being from the same womb, they share a strong bond.