Namjoon - "hoes before bros"

previously known as nonsensical promise; cause i'm hoping to use 'promise' as one of the upcoming chapter's name.

~~~~~

third person's pov。

"Joonie!" Y/N smiled as she ran towards the tall lad standing near the school gate, jumping instantly onto him.

"Hey Y/N! How's school?" Namjoon flashed a big smile, showing off his two dimples.

"Boring without you." Y/N hugged as she pouted, pulling away from the hug.

"Really—"

"Y/N!" Namjoon's brows furrowed upon being interrupted by an unfamiliar guy.

"Seokjin sunbae!" Y/N turned to greet the tall, broad shouldered guy jogging their way.

"Y/N, I see you have company..." Seokjin huffed as he bend on his knees as he caught up on his breaths, Namjoon just lowkey stared with a judgemental look.

"Ah... Seokjin sunbae, meet Kim Namjoon, my best friend! Joonie, my sunbae in the cooking club, Seokjin sunbae." Y/N introduced them, in which the two guys shared an awkward handshake.

"I see. Have fun, bye!" Seokjin bowed, ruffling Y/N's hair before going off.

"Seokjin sunbae!" Namjoon tried to mimic Y/N's voice in a girly high pitch, as he rolled his eyes.

"Yah!" Y/N scolded as she smacked Namjoon's shoulders,"I did not sound like that!"

"I'm just proving a point! Look at how close you guys are!" Namjoon crossed his arms as he looked away, his chin protruding slightly.

"He's just a sunbae that really take care of me during class. Plus, it's bros before hoes right? That's been our promise. So, you're still my bestest best friend!" Y/N tried to do aegyo as she jumped onto Namjoon's back, trusting the lad to hold on, in which he did.

"Your house or mine?"

"Yours."

Namjoon and Y/N, the Tom & Jerry, the ultimate partners in crime. The two have been best friends since they were still sucking on their thumbs and crawling around.

19 years have passed, yet their friendship was still going as strong as ever. From the being in the same schools up until now, until they finally entered different universities due to their different interests.

However, they have always made the effort to find each other, and spend time together. You can say that they know each other better than their own parents do.

"Everything is there for you to take." Namjoon shouted as he went into his room to change.

"Okies!" Y/N's loud voice sounded throughout the his apartment.

Walking out to the living room, Namjoon wasn't the least surprised as he rolled his eyes at how Y/N was buried under the mountain of snacks she have managed to find. His eyes narrowed at how his secret stash of snacks were sitting snuggly on Y/N's lap, the packaging ripped open.

Guess there's no place to hide...

"Go change! You stink!" Hurdling a pair of hoodie and sweatpants to the girl who's face was stuffed. And the only reply he got was a thumbs up, angering him as he stomped over to personally force the girl into the bathroom.

"Joonie? When are you free?"

"I'm sorry. I'm not free these days. School's overwhelming."