Sixteen (Part 2)

"We need to talk," I said grabbing Alaina's arm and pulling her under an empty stairway in the hall

"Get your hands off me!" she whisper yelled.

"Why you goin' around telling people stuff about me?" I asked, upset.

"What the hell are you talking about?" she asked with a frown on her face.

"Oh, you know what I'm talking about. You've been telling Diamanté to stay away from me."

"Oh that's what this is about," she let off a laugh.

I didn't see anything funny.

"I didn't tell her to stay away from you. I just told her what kind of person you were," she said crossing her arms across her almost nonexistent chest.

"Oh, word? And what kinda person is that?" I asked.

"I don't have time for this," she said before turning around to leave.

I grabbed her wrist stopping her in her tracks.

"Maybe you'll have time if I tell Trey that secret of yours."

I watched her body freeze.

"You wouldn't dare," she said as she slowly turned around to face me. Her entire face had gone red.

"Try me," I said.

"You were involved too, so if I go down, you go down," she said.

"Do you think I care? Trey has been my boy longer than he's been yo nigga, so you tell me who side you think he gon' take."

"What do you want with Diamanté anyway?" she asked me.

"That's none of yo business," I snapped.

"Yea, right. You wanna do her like you're doing Courtney? Like you did me and plenty of other girls?"

"I didn't do nothing to none of y'all," I said getting annoyed. Alaina was still stuck on past events. That's what her problem was.

"That's because your feelings weren't involved. You don't care what you do to people as long as you're satisfied in the end."

"This ain't about me! This about you running your mouth."

"What you want me to do? Lie to the girl? Tell her you're amazing? Tell her that you'll treat her right and never hurt her?"

"I don't want you saying shit, period. I want you to mind your business."

"I'm just supposed to stand by and watch another girl get hurt by you?" she questioned. Her voice had softened but she still had an angry look in her eye.

"Who said I wanted to hurt her in the first place?"

"Malik, I know you! I know what you're about!"

"You don't know nothing about me, Alaina. None of y'all do," I said before pushing past her and walking out of the school building.