Eight (Part 1)

"So that's what we doing now?" I heard a high-pitched female voice behind me say

I closed my locker and turned around to face the voice.

"What is you talking about?" I asked after smacking my lips. I wanted her to know that I was already annoyed.

"Don't be smacking your lips at me, nigga. You ain't even trying to hide the shit this time. You parading around the school all in the open with the bitch," Courtney spoke with attitude all in her voice.

She crossed her chubby arms across her small chest and gave me a death glare.

"I don't know what you talkin' bout. I ain't parading around with no one," I said dryly.

I knew what Courtney was talking about, but I ain't feel like arguing with her about this shit today. Everyday it was an argument about someone new.

"Nigga, stop the cap. You know exactly what I'm talking about. You been all over school with that damn new girl. Walking her to class, now eating lunch with her."

I walked off from my locker but Courtney followed behind me.

"So wassup? I must not be keeping you satisfied anymore since you still looking for attention from these other hoes."

Honestly, I wanted to tell Courtney the truth. That I had grown tired of her.

What originally was supposed to be just a one night stand turned into a year long situashionship full of drama with Courtney.

I don't know what made me agree to this with her in the first place. I wasn't the type to settle down with one girl.

I liked to flirt with these girls, get their adrenaline rushing a little bit, and then leave them alone. Courtney just so happened to get attached, and I was still dealing with her.

My parents instilled in me at a young age to not let these girls get my head gone because they were always after something.

My dad always made sure to tell me to not get distracted by em. He told me that he knew firsthand.

Before he met my mom, he was in a relationship with a girl named Janice when he was in high school.

Janice was just someone who he was messing around with, but she thought she could come up off my dad so she 'forgot' to take her birth control pills for a week and ended up pregnant.

My dad wanted to help her coparent, but he didn't want to be with her. She demanded money, and when my dad refused to give it to her, she had an abortion.

My dad remained hurt by the situation, and he never forgave Janice. He always told me to be careful when dealing with females. I'll be damned if I let a chick come up off my name.

"Courtney, can we do this another time? I got practice in a few," I huffed.

Most of the students had already left the building with an exception of a few that had to stick around afterwards.

"Whatever. We ain't done talking about this. I'll be by your house later," she said before rolling her eyes and walking away.

 I'll be by your house later," she said before rolling her eyes and walking away