Two

"You're late, Malik," was Mrs

"You're late, Malik," was Mrs. Anderson's first words as I entered Comp I.

"I know," I muttered smartly under my breath. She was lucky I even came to class.

"Malik, it's the first day of your senior year. You should want to start this year off on the right track," she said. "I'm going to let you off with a warning this time, but next time, I'm going to write you up."

I ignored her words as I made my way to a desk in the back of the class.

"As I was saying," Mrs. Anderson started back with whatever she had been talking about before I arrived, but I just tuned her out.

"Damn, bro. Wassup witchu already?" Trey, one of my bros asked with a chuckle. "You know you don't wanna get on her bad side. She gon' make the whole school year hell for you."

I smacked my lips.

"Man, I ain't stuntin' Mrs. Anderson's ass. She need to be worried about her husband still having an affair with Ms. Baker."

Ms. Baker was one of the younger teachers in the school, and she was fine as hell. I didn't blame Mr. Anderson at all, I mean look at his hag of a wife. She dressed like an old lady. Her voice was annoying. Shit, her face was annoying. I hated to see or hear her coming.

"Damn, that's still going on?" Trey asked all surprised.

"Probably," I stated.

Everyone found out about Mr. Anderson cheating with Ms. Baker last year. Mrs. Anderson was a wreck at school, and had to leave. Her and Ms. Baker had exchanged a few unpleasant words in the hallway. I was just surprised the two of them didn't get fired.

"Shit, I'd bang Ms. Baker my damn self," Trey said.

"You ain't the only one."

"But aye, check out that girl sitting over there," Trey said lowering his voice. "Shawty bad as hell. She walked in right before you did."

I looked to my left in the direction Trey nodded his head to and saw an unfamiliar face.

"Who that is?" I asked, staring at the caramel skin toned girl.

"Ion know. I ain't ever seen her before. I think she's new."

"Aye, she kinda cute, bro," I said still staring. Her sandy brown colored hair was up in a bun on her head, and she was busy writing; I guess she was taking down notes about whatever Mrs. Anderson was saying.

She glanced up, meeting my gaze, and I nodded my head at her. She did a half smile and quickly looked away. I don't know who she is, but I definitely gotta find out.

 I don't know who she is, but I definitely gotta find out