=His Beauty=

Ep 5: His Beauty
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was born to be a leader. Not necessarily a bossy, lunatic brat who demands people around to do things for me. I believe that I am born to lead my own life a hundred percent without getting anyone's help. No one ever offered to feed me when I was hungry. No one ever provided me a place that I felt safe and welcomed. No one ever took my hands and warmly grabbed them just to tell me that they believe in me and appreciate my hard works. Therefore, I claimed myself that in my entire life, I don't need anyone aside from myself.

I met the other part of my life, Mark Lee when I was in sixth grade. He was a transferred student from Canada and he used to speak half-korean half-english, which was extremely an alien way of speaking to me. At that time, no one wanted to be my friend because (according to them) I was very rude and tough to whoever tried to approach me. Overtime, people gave up on me and decided that it was a good idea to leave me alone, which was the wisest thing they chose to do.

Mark was different. He resisted all of my ignorance and cold behaviors with his unique type of perceptive on me. Mark wasn't quiet at all, in fact, he was an extrovert, who befriended over half of the school in less than one month. Surprisingly, he was also extremely observant. Mark once confessed to me that he used to question why I didn't want to befriend him when he was that easy going. He also admitted that even without a word, he was able to understand the burden I was carrying and that he was able to give me all the space I want as long as he could be my friend.

"Bro...You okay?" . His train of thoughts were disturbed by Haechan, whose doe-like eyes glued over Jeno as he sat beside Mark, who was reaching out Haechan's food tray to settle him.

"He looks off the whole morning periods and I'm not even bothered to ask him 'cause it's much likely that I won't get the answer", Mark answered to Haechan while slicing his roasted chicken into small pieces and passed over to Haechan's plate. The tanned boy softly rubbed his boyfriend's hair to show his affections and mouthed "thank you".

"But he's not sick right?"

"Nope"

"Good 'cause I don't want to come to school just for seeing Jeno getting sick and not being able to go for the game tonight!". The silence took over again after Haechan's nagging as the three boys continued to enjoy their meal.

The couple was having a serious conversation about the upcoming student council election while Jeno was wondering off again into thoughts.

"...to bet with me? This year's Lee Taeyong for sure.  Jung Jaehyun was last year's president so he's not-"

Haechan's argument had been disturbed when Jeno abruptly stood up and glared at the couple, who were also wearing the same questioning looks to Jeno.

"You guys enjoy your lunch. I'll be at the backfield , near the parking lot. I'll join you in class"

With that, the black hair boy turned his back to the speechless couple, who then shrugged off their worried doubts and continued their argument for the student council's president. At the end, they concluded with a bet and decided the penalty to be bottoming for a month to whoever won.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeno breathed in to the easy access of air as the playful wind passed by his body. He walked to a specific place he claimed himself as his since the first time he discovered and sat down on the somewhat mid-dry grass.

He leaned his back on the gigantic tree that towered him as his eyes followed the strands of thick and thin branches curving downwards the more they got higher up to the sky. He wondered about the core purpose of the branches not being able to escape freely from whatever they were pulled into.