Trust no one.

I noted my subconscious mind's words.

Veer returned back, changing into a crisp white shirt and blue jeans. I sullenly watched him, rummaging through the closet. Not anymore interested in wasting my time over him, I covered myself with sheets and pretended to fall asleep.

I could never relax when he's around. Having him near me made me feel everything but relaxed.

The dip on bed told me that he was sitting besides me. Then, I felt him leaning closer, before he gently peck on my forehead, making me go stiff under the sheets. He mumbled something so that I shouldn't hear. But guess what, I did hear those words and thought that it would had been better if I didn't.

"Don't worry Aadhya, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise you my love that I'll fix everything and you'll be able to live normally again." Veer proclaimed, mostly to himself, before getting up and striding out.

But his words kept playing in my mind again and again like a tape recorder, until my head started hurting again. I knew that I was going to fall unconscious for the second time soon, but this didn't stop me from jumping out of the bed, going behind him. I had to get a clear answer from him.

"Veer." I stumbled over the stairs and cried out his name holding the railing in the most highest pitch I ever heard.

Veer turned back with horrified face, before running towards me. He pulled me by my waist before I could hit the ground. Kabir and Ishika appeared out of nowhere. Everything around was going round and round in circles, suffocating me.

"Oh God, Veer, what happened to her?" Kabir asked as Veer bent down and picked me over by his shoulder carrying me upstairs again. He softly placed me on the bed as my eyelids turned heavy.

"Why did you called me my love?"

I assumed that my question wasn't even barely audible as no one reacted over it but tried to make me comfortable and check me up.

"Kabir, Ishika, please take care of her. I have some work to complete." Veer told them and them shot a worried look at me before leaving.

At last, I fainted twice on the same day.

*_*_*_*_*

DREAM

"Veer, you made me wait for so long. You know, its not safe for you to travel alone so late at night." Aadhya muttered, scrunching her nose.

Veer just gave a small smile in response and kept continuing to search something in all the pockets of his black tux. Aadhya was puzzled about what was he searching, but it was not much important as much his safety was.

She had been patiently waiting for him for half an hour after her boss had called her to warn her. More the time passed by, more she got anxious about his safety. As soon as she stepped out, deciding to go and search for Veer, his car pulled up in the driveway. To say, that she was relieved to see him and curl up into his arms engulfing the warmth was an underestimation.

Aadhya knew that she was becoming emotionally weak from the time she met him. She knew that she'd started to depend in him, which was utterly wrong. She believed that for his betterment, she shouldn't be with him. But she just couldn't pull herself away from his embrace.

Aadhya was snapped out of her thoughts when she saw him grinning widely. Veer pulled out a small, red velvet box and went onto his one knee, making Aadhya jump back instantly.