Prologue (Part 1?)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, Cooper. You are always the optimistic one, huh?"

"I guess, but now that the day is over, let's get something in our bellies and call it a night."

"You read my mind."

The two men grab themselves a bowl of soup and utensils and set them down on the nearby long tables.

"Hang on," Cooper says, "I'm gonna grab some bread. Would you like some?"

"Sure. That would be great. Thanks."

Cooper begins to head toward the ration closet as he saw there was none left on the kitchen counter. He flips on the light and flinches as he sees you hiding behind the boxes on a metal wire shelf.

"Oh... Hello there. Are you alright?"

"Hey Coop, who're you talkin' to in there?"

As Cooper is still looking at you, you point the knife at him. "It's okay. I'm not here to hurt you. Funny thing is I was trying to grab some bread and it's right over there behind you." Cooper turns his head slightly to try and communicate with Aaron better. "Ummm... I got a kid back here. Seems like he has been wandering outside for days. Looks to be only like five or six years of age."

"Shit..." Aaron mutters under his breath. He gets up and walks toward the doorway of the closet and slowly comes into view. "Damn. What is a kid like him doing all the way out here? We need to get him to sarge." Aaron enters through the doorway and walks toward you. He tries to reach toward you.

"Aaron stop he's got a-"

You slash Aaron in the upper arm, releasing the crimson river, which bleeds through his uniform and creates an ever growing dark puddle. "OWW!!! Fuck, that hurt!!!" He attempts to grab you again and you begin to slash at him again. He catches your arm and rips the knife from your hand. "Okay, I got him. Cooper grab his legs. I'm gonna get his other arm." You try to slip your arm out of his grip, but can't manage it under the iron-like hold. You then try balling your hands into fists and try to bash into them and kick them with whatever strength that you have. "Damn, he is quite the fella, isn't he?"

"Well if I was in his place and two giant-like men were trying to grab me, I would probably be doing the same thing." Cooper trying not to get punched or kicked, but also trying to grab your ankles.

As both the men have you in their hold and prevent any offensive movement, you begin to yell, scream, and jostle around as much as you can to try and escape their grips. A meek "Help" comes out of you as you are winded from trying to escape and the long journey it took for you to get to this place. The two men carry you out and across the pathways under the immense white light. They arrive at another rectangular structure with a door labeled "SERGEANT MILLS".

"Sergeant Mills... Sergeant Mills..." Aaron calls.

Footsteps behind the door can be heard. "What is it, Cadet Jones? Also you do know that you're slacking behind on your climbs, right?"

"Yes, sir. I do know. However, that is not what we came here for. We found something interesting in the ration closet." He moves to the side, revealing you held between Aaron and Cooper.

"Oh my goodness. Bring him into my office now," Sergeant Mills declaring with a stern tone. Both the men walk in and before Sergeant Mills closed his door, he peered side to side to see if anyone could have seen what was happening. "There's a rope in the closet next to that chair. One of you hold the boy to the chair, while the other grabs the rope and ties him to it."

"Yes, sir," Aaron and Cooper say in unison.

As both Aaron and Cooper explain to Sergeant Mills how they came to discover you, you try to break free of your tight bond and try to move and escape from the chair. While Aaron is bandaging his arm, he stares at you to make sure you don't escape.

"How marvelous," exclaimed by Sergeant Mills with intrigue. "It's truly amazing how he was able to survive this long out there and away from the city. I'm not sure what we can do with him."

"Is there someone we can call to place him in a suitable location?" Cooper questions.

"I'm not sure there is after having him attack Cadet Jones like that. I think I need to contact the general about this." Sergeant Mills looks at the time, "I think there's still some time." He reaches over his phone and presses button, which make a slight beeping noise. He holds the phone and after about thirty seconds, "Hello, sir? Yes, sir. This is Sergeant Mills at base 42. Yes, I am sorry to call you at this hour, but I do have some urgent news. A boy at the age of about five or six has somehow snuck into the base. It seems that he has been wandering the outside for days judging by his dirt covered, tattered clothes and how thin he is. It seems like he may be an orphan of some sort. He has slashed one of my cadets in the upper arm... Yes, it seems he is quite the fighter. I do not think we can return him to the city after such a violent attack. That is why I ask for your orders." The sergeant goes quiet as both the cadets try to listen into what the general may be saying. "Yes, sir... Yes, sir..." The sergeant's eyes widen, his eyebrows lifted, and his mouth left slightly open. "Wait. Sir, are you sure about that? Are we even allowed to do that to someone of his age?" Small beads of sweat forming on his forehead. The two cadets look in confusion as to what may make their sergeant begin to perspire. "Yes, sir. I shall put him into it at the start of the morning. Good night, sir." Sergeant Mills puts the phone back on the receiver and slumps into his chair.

"Sir, are you alright? What did the general say that has put you in this kind of dilemma?" Cooper asks.

"The general wants me to place the boy into Program X."

Both the cadets look at each other with wide eyes. Cooper placing a hand on his mouth and looking back at you. Aaron sitting on an empty chair, his hands in his hair, and his elbows on his legs.

"The kid has attacked me, but we can't stick him in that program. Not even the strongest men here can handle that rigor. What makes the general think the kid can go through this," Aaron exclaims, looking up with his hands still in his hair.

"I have no idea and there's nothing I can do. It's the general's orders. After this, he is going to be a soldier. No, not a soldier... A weapon."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! Thank you for reading my story. This is my first-time writing a fanfiction. So if there are any mistakes or if there is any advice you can give me to improve my writing, that would be amazing. Thank you again for reading my story! I hope you have a good morning, afternoon, evening, and night. (Little reference to a movie. Lol.)

~BP