Chapter 2

In any other place, the days are just long hours of me repressing my anger while the nights act as short bridges leading to those days which is like an eternal loop of oppression but in the south, the days are filled with peaceful moments of solitude and reflection while the nights offer me a chance of revival which is a temporary loop of healing, in the south it feels like time is frozen I feel free, in other places I feel like a slave to the noisy environment, it consumes my energy leaving me feeling like a lifeless vessel but in the south the environment is much more comfortable, it feels safer I can recharge in solitude.

In other places, I block out the noise of the environment with my headphones because if I do not do that the noise would eat away at the rest of my sanity, I shut my eyes because I do not want to see the people walking around or gossiping, I do not want to see the mirrors that show my reflection because I do not like what I see, I am not proud of who I am I feel like disappearing and ceasing to exist and if I cannot do that then at least let me go back in time to warn my past self about the dangers ahead.

In the south, I use my headphones to set the mood but in other places, I use the music in my headphones to escape reality, I cannot stand reality fantasy is my best friend it keeps me sane, my inner world keeps me sane but in reality, I am stifled when the external environment becomes too much the south is the only place in the real world that resonates with my inner world I think it is because I feel safe in both of those places.