5- An Attic Christmas

Maaria's POV

Maaria's POV

I stood by the window, watching the snow falling down as memories came to me. Memories when we were back home, happy. Memories of touching the snow. Memories of laughing. Memories of happiness.

As it was snowing, Christopher came over and wrapped my body with a blanket and stood next to me, looking out the window.

"Our first Christmas without Dad. Remember how he used to take us sledding behind the Flanagan's? He was always running alongside us, making sure the twins were safe." I smile at the memory and look at Christopher.

"One Christmas up here won't matter. And we can make our own presents for the twins and say it's from Santa." Cathy comes to us both and suggested something nice to do for Grandmother.

"We could make something for Grandmother, too. She does bring us food everyday, she got us that plant. She might let us out."

I smile at Cathy and nod my head as Christopher seemed a bit off. We all made the card downstairs and Carrie was excited like Cathy.

"Hurry Cathy! She's gonna be here."

"Careful, I don't want it to rip." Cathy says and I stood behind Christopher,"Christopher can I have the card?" Christopher hands Cathy the card and she puts it on the poster. We heard footsteps and Cathy held it carefully and when she opened the door we all stood behind Cathy as she presented the gift to Grandmother,"Grandmother?" She looked at the card repeatedly and didn't say anything, leaving the room. Cathy got upset and drops the card, leaving to the bathroom.

The next day was Christmas and Carried woke everyone up. I walked up to the attic and saw Mother. She handed me a box, and gave Carrie one too. Mother also gave Cory and Carrie a dollhouse to play with.

"This is not from Santa. It's for Cory and Carrie to play pretend house, just like I did. And all the doors and window really work and the locks." Mother explains to the twins and I see Christopher coming out wearing a blue shirt that fit him perfectly. He really did look handsome, wait did I just-?

Mother turns around and looks at Christopher, smiling at him, while he smiled a lot.

"I knew that color would look perfect on you. You look just like your Father when I first met him."

"You think so?"

Christopher asked. She nods her head and kisses his cheek. I looked at Cathy's gifts which was a dress. It was very beautiful for her and really beautiful embroidery on it, such fine works. I turned to Christopher and helped him readjust the buttons on his shirt.

"Merry Christmas, Christopher." He smiles at me as Mother and Cathy spoke.

"Merry Christmas, Maria."

I smile and finish up on the last button when Mother mentioned she had another trick up her sleeve. We went downstairs, all of us and Mother pulled up a TV set for the twins.