Part 1: introductions

Peridot Pov:

The clock hand finally moved, followed by the ring of the bell, everyone in the class, me included, getting up and hastily leaving. I walked into the cafeteria  and sat myself down at a table, readjusting my glasses. I found myself zoning out slightly before being abruptly snapped out of it by a hand smacking down on the table in front of me "sup runt" an awfully familiar voice, looking up, yup, it's Jasper, with that smug grin of his, "oh, hey Jasper" he keeps his grin as he leans in slightly "so, waddya say you come with us and we have ourselves a little fun peri?" he says as he gestures to the group behind him "not today Jasper, i can't afford to skip any classes today" he scoffs slightly as he stands up straight, gesturing to his group as he starts to walk away "alright, catch ya later pipsqueak". 

I've been hanging out with Jasper less and less really, i guess i just got tired of him always teasing and being mean to everyone, though that does of course mean i've found myself being alone quite often, i mean, i guess i don't mind it that much, after all i spend most of my free time in my room anyways. Though i guess i'm never really lonely with all the people i live with, 7 in total, living with a foster family and all.

Like i do most days now i sat and ate my lunch alone, just sitting at my table until the bell rang, heading off to my afternoon classes, most of which went by as normal, until my last class of the day that had quite the unexpected event. I walked into biology as usual and sat down with everyone else waiting for the class, when the teacher walked in accompanied by a familiar looking girl, she walked up in front of the class and cleared her throat "attention everyone, we will be having a new student joining us from today on-wards" she gestured to the girl standing next to her,  she was a little shorter than the teacher, with dark blue hair covering her eyes slightly, the teacher continued "now some of you may remember  her from freshman year before she moved away, now why don't you introduce yourself to those who don't know you?" she says as she turns to the girl. The girl looks up slowly, brushing her hair out of her eyes, as she does i can't help but be captivated by the beautiful shade of ocean blue they are, she speaks up in a quiet voice "uh... hey, i'm Lapis...  nice to meet you all i guess".

As she goes to sit down i can't help but feel i recognise her name from somewhere, while the teacher starts to set up the lesson i look over at her, trying to figure out why her name is familiar, after a few seconds it hits me, oh stars, she was the girl that Jasper used to date back in freshman year. Then the memories start coming back, after awhile of being together their relationship went downhill, ending with her breaking up with Jasper, of course he didn't like this so he started getting all of us to taunt and bully her. Looking back on it now i regret all the things i did, i guess i was just scared of Jasper and what he would do if i didn't do what he asked, but hey, maybe she won't remember.

Throughout the whole lesson i couldn't help but stare at her and think about the terrible things i'd done to her, i wish i could just go up to her and apologise, but who knows if she even remembers me, and even if she does she might not forgive me for what i did, these kind of thoughts kept swirling around my head the whole time, causing me to not be able to pay attention to the lesson. Though towards the end of the lesson thoughts would pop into my head about how nice her hair is, or how beautiful her eyes looked and how soft her voice sounded, i get snapped out of these thoughts as the bell rings and everyone packs up and leaves, i can't help but stare as i watch Lapis leave, admiring her blue hair as it bobs slightly while she walks.

I pack up my things and head out the classroom and leave building. On my walk home all i can think about is Lapis for some reason, even if i try to think about something else it always just goes back to her, my thoughts centre on her until i arrive back at my place, walking up the steps and putting my keys in the door.

A/N: yes, Jasper is male in this story, mostly because it works better within the context if Jasper's a guy.