figures ii

millie's pov

i immediately froze when i saw the person stood in my room. the figure was fairly tall, and i couldn't recognise who it was. it looked as if the person was a man due to the short hair and large build.

i continue to stand there silently, and the figure doesn't budge either. i contemplate on wether to try and attack the person from behind or to hide and try and get any sort of help.

i figured if i was to attack the unknown person then i could easily be hurt, but if i was to hide and call someone i may have a chance of escaping.

as quietly as i possibly could i begin to walk backwards down the stairs. luckily, the person didn't seem to notice, and as quickly as possible i lock myself into the bathroom by the front door.

i feel tears forming as i begin to panic. my breathing quickens as i shakily attempt to unlock my phone to call someone.

without hesitation i press onto finn's number. i thought about calling 911, but they would ask too many questions, and the person may be associated with martin so finn would want to know.

"millie? are you okay?" finn asks as i hold the phone to myself closely.

"f-finn- someone's in m-my house. i don't know w-who, but i need you to help-"

suddenly, with no warning, finn hangs up the phone.

-

finn's pov

i didn't waste any time once millie told me someone was in her house, i knew martin had something to do with it straight away.

the drive felt like forever, the constant worry of what may happen to her running through my mind. i tried not to think about the worst thing that could happen, however i knew martin. he was ruthless, he had no loyalties to anyone and couldn't give less of a shit about anyone but himself.

if killing millie is what he wanted, he'd stop at nothing to make that happen.

i finally pulled outside of millie's house and quickly jumped out the car, making my way to the front door.

it was unlocked, so i carefully opened it, trying to make as little noise as possible.

the house was completely silent, and pitch black too. not a single light was turned on, and the silence was almost deafening.

i suddenly hear a small whimper come from the door to my right, and i recognized it immediately to be millie's.

i open the door quietly as squeeze into the small bathroom, closing the door and locking it as i turn to face her.

i could see the horror in her eyes as she looked at me, a single tear ran down her cheek as her mouth hangs open slightly.

without hesitation, i pull her into my arms closely as i stroke the back of her head gently.

"hey- it's okay. i'm here" i whisper quietly to her as she cries into my chest.

"i w-was so scared-" she whispers quickly, her voice becoming croaky.