lie

finn's pov

my first day of school went similar to my others, people staring, whispering and pointing at me. i feel like some fucking zoo animal, am i honestly that fascinating?

girls have already been giggling around me and checking me out. this causes me to scoff, i didn't come here find a future wife or some shit.

as i guessed, this school was full of snobs. i have sadly encountered a few already. the school is full of girls strutting up and down the corridors in head to toe designer wear.

-

i sit in maths, which is a subject i actually liked.  i have always preferred it to english, i don't know why. i scribble notes down as miss dyer was explaining something about fractions, which i already knew, when all of a sudden the door opened slowly. a girl walked in.

shit.

of course, of course, it's her. millie. the girl that witnessed me murdering someone. the girl that fucked everything up.

why, out of all the schools, did she have to be at this one?

she has obviously been crying, he eyes were red and puffy and she had tear stained cheeks. she sees me which causes he mouth to open slightly and for her to hurry over to her seat.

she looked terrified when she saw me, i can see why, i killed someone right in front of her own eyes.

but that's her fucking fault, she should of kept walking. it would of helped the two of us.

i felt her look at me a few times during the lesson, but i didn't look back.

i needed to ignore this girl, she knows that i killed someone. if this ever got spread, i am fucked.

-

millie's pov

"millie what is wrong with you today?" noah asks as we sit in the stuffy cafeteria.

"what? nothing.." i reply with a plastered smile on my face.

"millie we aren't stupid" romeo chimes in as he wraps an arm around me and kisses my cheek gently.

"it's nothing, i promise!" i laugh, with reassurance in my voice.

they all look at me with annoyed yet concerned and caring faces. obviously not believing that i am 'ok'

"guys i am fine, seriously" i say.

romeo rolls his eyes as he grips onto my wrist and pulls me out of the cafeteria with him. i stumble out of my seat and try to pull him back to the table, but his grip tightens instead causing me to simply follow him.

he pulls me into the cramped janitors closet and closes the door behind him. the light bulb manages to turn the pitch black room to dimly lit, so we can actually see each other.

"romeo what are you doing?!" i demand with a frustrated look on my face.

"millie, i am your boyfriend, i can tell when you are lying" he says as he leans down to look at me.

"romeo it is nothing! i promise" i exclaim as the school bell rings. "i have to go" i mumble before opening the door to the crowded corridor full of rowdy students.

i wish i could tell him everything.

i wanted to explain to him everything that happened that night, every single detail.

but i can't risk it. the boy threatened me, he threatened to kill me.

besides, it's not like he wouldn't. he murdered someone right in front of me.

i lied to romeo, i should be honest.

but i know i can't.

a/n: uh so this a super short chapter, so i apologise for that! but i hope you are enjoying the book so far.