sunset

millie's pov

it is a few hours after the concert by now, and i am sat in the park with finn.

i watched him and his band play, they were amazing. finn's love for the music was noticable, it was all over his face. the way his eyebrows furrowed together in concentration, when he screws his eyes shut and sings.

i loved every minute of it.

"i have seen a different side of you tonight" i admit to finn as we sit on the park bench, the red and orange glow of the sunset shining on our faces.

he raises his eyebrows and nods as he turns to face me. "really? how?" he asks.

"well, for a start, i never knew you played music. and honestly, i think it's pretty cool" i say softly.

he smiles as i say that, which is something i don't see often.

"i also feel that you are starting to show the better version of yourself" i say truthfully.

"what do you mean?" he asks as he lights a cigarette and places it between his lips.

"when i first met you, you were a cold person that never seemed to give a shit about anything or anyone." i admit, nerves running through me as i say that.

he doesn't say anything for a minute or so, the only sound being made is the smoke being released from his lips.

"i still am that person, and i have my reasons for being like that" he finally says to me, but for once he said it calmly, in a nicer tone instead.

i nod, understanding what he meant.

"finn, although you probably don't feel the same way, i want to be friends with you and i feel that you may need something like that in your life right now" i then say, turning my whole body to face him.

he doesn't say anything, instead, he throws his cigarette on the floor and looks at the sea in front of him, the golden glow of the sunset shining in his face.

"sorry, that was a shit idea" i say, shaking my head as i turn to face the sea too.

"no, it's not" he suddenly says, still facing in the direction he was looking at before.

"wait, really?" i asks in a surprised tone.

we are facing each other by now, he looks at my with an expression that i can't quite read. yet i can see the loneliness in his eyes, and the longing for someone to love him and care for him.

"the one thing i need in this world is for someone to be there for me, and to actually give a shit about me. because at the moment i feel as if i have no one that does" he says, running a hand through his hair as he looks down.

"i care about you finn, wether you want to believe it or not. i don't think you are a bad person, i think you are broken, and i think that you have been for a long time" i say to him.

he looks at me and at that moment, i felt my cheeks burn up and turn a crimson red.

i then pull him into my arms and hug him tightly. he slowly brings two arms up and wraps them around my back, pulling me closer towards him. i run a hand through his curls as i rest a chin and his shoulder. we stayed like this for a while, and everything around us seemed irrelevant in that moment.

he pulls away from the hug and looks at me. "i have to go" he says simply, yet a small smile appears on his face as he looks at me.

"o-ok, uh, i will see you tomorrow?" i say awkwardly.

he nods, before turning on his heel and walking down the path.

my heart is racing by this point, my cheeks are a bright red and my breathing is quick.

i have fallen for this boy, even though i probably should have.

i haven't checked for any mistakes, so sorry if there are any!!