the figures

millie's pov

"sadie i am not wearing that!" i mumble, shaking my head at my best friends awful outfit idea.

"what are you talking about?! this outfit is amazing!" she grumbles, offended at my disliking in her clothing choice.

"sadie i am going on a date with my soon to be boyfriend, and you expect me to wear a sweater and jeans? that's what i wear on a sunday with no plans" i argue with a hint of disgust in my voice.

"you don't want to be too over the top though, do you?" she says as her eyebrows knit together.

"sadie i have told you about a million times, he is taking me to a 5 star restaurant, not subway" i mutter as i face palm myself in frustration.

she notices my stress and nods, which leads her to continue to root through my closet, which was once organised. "ok, ok, how about this" she squeals excitedly as she pulls out a black, long sleeved dress that was also backless.

i raise my eyebrows at my best friends first actually decent outfit.

"that could actually work" i say with almost a sigh of relief. she jumps up and down with a big grin on her face.

i swear this girl is more excited for the date than me.

-

"ok stay calm, he is here!" sadie yells, her face pressed up against my bedroom window.

"wait- what?!" i scream as i apply my mascara as quick as possible.

"quick quick quick!" she screeches as she pushes my away from my vanity and down the stairs, which in the process i nearly murder my sister and my cat by almost stepping on them.

sadie throws me my bag from the kitchen before shoving me out the door. "good luck! and don't fuck it up!" she screams as i walk towards the car.

"sadie i'm not on rupaul's drag race!" i yell before flipping her off in embarrassment as i climb into the car.

"hey, you look beautiful" romeo says softly, looking at me up and down.

this causes me to blush intensely and turn a bright shade of pink.

"thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" i say with a giggle as i tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

-

"so, i have been thinking for a while now about this question" romeo says nervously as we wait for our meal to arrive.

"what question?" i ask with curiosity, as i twiddle my fingers.

"uh, so we have become very close recently and uh" he stutters, looking down at the floor.

"well i like you millie, so i think it only makes sense if i ask you to be my girlfriend" he finally manages to blurt out, turning red as he says it.

finally.

i feel giddy like a child when these words come out of his mouth, he finally asked me the big question.

"of course i will!" i gasp with a smile forming onto my face.

we lean in, only to share a kiss, the first kiss as a couple. and finally, for the first time in a long time, i felt happy.

-

"millie, can you go down to the corner shop, we have ran out of milk and i need it for ava's breakfast" my mum asks from the kitchen as i am sprawled across the sofa watching friends, stuffing my face with pretzels.

i groan at her request, being the lazy person i am. "why can't charlie or paige go? they own cars. it makes more sense for them to go" i argue.

"millie don't test my patience, go. now." she demands with a stern expression appearing onto her face.

"fine" i mumble miserably as i slip on my white converse and start to head out the door.

my neighbourhood has always been a nice, safe and overall pleasant area. we lived in quite a big house i guess, considering my dad has the wonderful job of being a lawyer.

i felt lucky to have such a privileged upbringing, my parents never really struggled with money.

i get lost in my thoughts, when all of a sudden i hear multiple thuds coming from the side street that is next to me, causing me to snap back into reality.

i turn my head slowly to see two figures, I couldn't see their faces clearly, but i could see what was happening. one figure was lying on the floor, they weren't moving at all. the other figure was kicking them repeatedly and hitting them with a large pole in their right hand. i could see blood all over the floor, the bright red shining in the strip of sunlight coming between two houses.

i gasp at the sight in front of me, and i freeze. i couldn't move, speak, think. i just stood there, with my hands over my mouth and my eyes widening by the second.

all of a sudden the tall figure that was inflicting all the violence, turns their head towards me. i couldn't see them clearly. when the figure sees me they suddenly bolt at my direction, heading straight towards me.

i scream loudly and turn around and start to run, but before i could even move from the spot i was standing, the figure catches up to me.

they forcefully grab me by the shoulders and shove me against the wall in aggression.

that's when i get a clear look of their face. it's a boy. he looks around about my age. he is very tall, he towers over me. he has dark brown eyes and dark curly hair that is very messy. he has tiny freckles that are spread across his cheeks. he has amazing cheekbones, along with an amazing jawline.

i snap out of my thoughts as he shoves me against the wall once again. he looks furious, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"are you fucking deaf? i said who are you" he growls at me.

"i- i'm millie" i whimper, tears building up in my eyes due to my nerves.

"well, millie, if you dare tell anyone about what you just saw, you will end up like him, do you fucking understand? or do i have to repeat myself?" he grumbles as he glares at me.

"i- i understand" i manage to splutter out, still being pressed against the wall by this mystery boy, who i still didn't even know the name of.

"good" he mutters before releasing me from his grip and storming off, leaving me with my my mouth hung open.

a/n: uh so first thoughts? please comment!