Part Twenty-Four: Chapter 178: Regrets

The Joker slowly paces the floor, his hands clasped behind his back, as the doctor began removing the bandages from Jason's first round of plastic surgery. It consisted of work to his nose and eyes, the two most prominent features of a person's face. The Joker stops his pacing and looks on as the final strip of gauze came off. The Joker walks closer and peers at each feature, searching for flaws the doctor may have made.

Jason's eyes were closer together and more rounded now. They seemed to pass the Joker's approval. Even the Joker's smallest scars were now present around Jason's eyes. His nose was slimmer and longer, exactly like the Joker's.

The doctor was quite the perfectionist

The doctor was quite the perfectionist. That's because his family was on the line. The Joker would kill someone and their entire bloodline, for something as minor as not preparing his steak properly. Turning his brother into his identical twin, that was something major. The doctor knew he was replaceable.

Satisfied with the end result, the Joker extends a mirror out to Jason with a smirk. "You get more handsome every day dear brother. Ha Ha Ha."

Jason snatches the mirror away, "Yeah, you would think so." He brings the mirror up to look at his face. Immediately his jaw drops. He never thought one surgery could make him look so much like J. Jason couldn't see himself anymore. "Holy shit, I look just like you," he says, half shocked, half in disbelief.

"Maybe once we get that baby fat taken care of," the Joker stoops down for an eye to eye look at Jason. "How long before he can go back under the knife doctor?"

"Not for at least six weeks," the doctor swallows hard.

The Joker gives him a serious look, "And I suppose you have no objections about staying as my guest, do you?"

The doctor knew it sounded like a question, but it wasn't one. If he said no the Joker wouldn't hesitate to kill him, then his family for the aggravation he had caused him. The doctor clears his throat. "N-no sir. No objections."

The Joker smiles, "I thought you'd like that. And not to worry, I'll see to it that the family gets anything they need. You may excuse yourself doctor." The doctor rushes out of the room and the Joker turns his head back to his brother. "Can you guess what you get to do in the six weeks until your next surgery?"

Jason lays the mirror down and looks at the Joker. "What?" He asks.

"Well, in case it somehow slipped your attention, I have a ton of tattoos," the Joker says as he closes one eye and frames off Jason's face.

"I noticed," Jason sighs.

"I already lined that one up for you, so no kidnapping involved. The tattoo artist will be here today at four. Of course it won't be possible to get them all at once. You can get as many as You can stand at once. You think you can handle it? Or will you be a little bitch about it?" The Joker playfully taunts him.