Part Fourteen: Chapter 86: The Good Doctor

The Joker has had a week to think about things. Of course his intent is to escape. He planned to beat Frost within an inch of his life since he's failed to break him out after a week. True, Frost didn't know where the bat took him, but come on, how hard was it to figure out? There were only a handful of places to put him. So the Joker assumes that he would have to orchestrate his own escape, as usual.

The Joker had asked his man on the inside to get him Dr. Quinzel's file.

It was surprisingly flawless, with the exception of her father being a criminal who was doing a twenty five year stretch

It was surprisingly flawless, with the exception of her father being a criminal who was doing a twenty five year stretch. The Joker assumes it's the reason that young Harleen chose to be a psychiatrist, to understand why dear daddy was the way he was. She was the youngest doctor to ever be employed at Arkham. In fact, she applied to the Asylum three times before Dr. Arkham decided to give her a shot.

The Joker hasn't seen her since the night bats brought him in. He was under the assumption that Dr. Arkham had denied her interest in his case. That sucked, the Joker knew he could manipulate the inexperienced young doctor far more easily than he would be able to the more experienced staff. But to his surprise, on the seventh day he was taken into a room, bound by straight jacket and chained to the floor.

He looks around the room

He looks around the room. He saw a lie detector machine in the corner. He assumes that it's probably meant for him. That amused him because he knew how to trick the test. It was really just a matter of breathing. The tests pick up the spikes of your heart rate. If you could keep the beats even then you could slip the lies past them.

Then a small object caught his attention sitting on a shelf.