Chapter 19

Well, well, well... look who decided to actually write. I appreciate the continued support and love for Don't Tell Anyone. Here's some cuteness. Make sure to read my note at the end!

____

It was our last day in New York and Alex was making sure we left no stone unturned. I had asked about Central Park for days and it was finally time to see it. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining and a breeze strong enough to convince you to bring your jacket. The whole trip has been nothing but a wonderful dream I never wanted to leave. I could tell Alex felt the same, he was so happy around his family but I could see everytime we left that it took a toll on him. Today was the day to forget our worries for a small amount of time and enjoy each other.

"Did you put sunscreen on?' I asked as I finished applying the SPF to my legs exposed by my sundress. I looked over my shoulder and caught the delicious sight of Alex stepping out of the bathroom, a towel hung across his hips. "Wow." I muttered unintentionally.

"Wow yourself." He replied looking me over. I spun for him, to which a smile grew on his face. "Are you sure you want to go out today?" He approached me, taking the end on my dress in his fingertips raising them slightly.Heat traveled to my cheeks.

"Oh no, you can't seduce your way out of this one. C'mon we haven't been out in days, as much as I love spending time with you I also don't get out to New York often." I pleaded with big puppy eyes. He kissed me, surrendering to my pleas. He grabbed the SPF out of my hands and sauntered back into the bathroom.

___

"And that's Belvedere Castle." Alex pointed to the amazing stone built castle.

"Not quite a castle." I mutter under my breath, not quietly enough apparently.

"Is her highness not pleased?" He joked taking my arm and looping it through his. He began leading a path up to the castle.

"Technically it's not a real castle, New York built it as a weather station." I stated. Alex stopped and looked over at me with wonder. "What? I've dreamed about coming to New York since I was a child, I had to know everything." I explained.

"You are something else." He said with a chuckle before continuing our journey.

__

Walking through the park we stopped at multiple carts, sharing delicious treats. There were way more people than I imagined, and even better entertainment. Artist were selling their artworks, dancers, singers and even people statues. We were coming up on the spot I was most excited to see, the Conservatory of Flowers. A beautiful european-styled courtyard with flowers were blossoming and the colors were diverse and the fragrance was wonderful. I let go of Alex and started smelling the closest flower.

"Marigold." - I stated, "Commonly used as-"

"A food garnish." Alex completed. I looked back at him, he was still standing on the pathway gazing at me.

I smiled, "Correct." I continued on to the other bush of blossoming buds. Without even smelling them, the color and similarity were giveaways, "These zinnias look like dahlias." I stated more to myself than Alex. I snapped a picture for Jason and quickly sent it off.

"You sure now a lot about flowers for a business graduate." Alex commented as I walked back to the path.

I nodded my head, "My mother, the botanist, would be happy to hear that." We continued walking in silence, I could feel the questions radiating from him. "My father was deployed most of childhood and my mother had a tough time managing three rowdy kids. She brought us to work during the summers, said she couldn't let one of us out of her sight." I chuckled at the passing memory. "I wonder if we're allowed to pick some." I wondered out loud.

"Ask for forgiveness, not permission." He said with a shrug of his shoulders. I didn't need another word, I began roaming the rows of different species plucking a nice assortment. Geraniums, marigolds, impatiens, and cornflowers. The options were endless. I noticed Alex sat himself on the nearest bench and watched over the field. After collecting a decent sized bouquet I skipped over to Alex, "For you." I said extending the neatly bundled flowers.

"Thank you, Mads." He took the bundle and pecked my cheek. "Ready to move on?" He asked as he stood up.

"I never want to leave." I said with a sigh. "This place has been perfect."

"I know what you mean." He agreed as we began walking out of the conservatory. "We've got a lot waiting back home for us."

"I haven't even thought about Charlotte since we left, or Daisy." - "Are you sure we can't stay here forever?"

"Problems happen, even in New York." He reminded me. "Look on the bright side, you just graduate and the world is your oyster. Have you started looking into jobs?" He asked.

"Just another problem waiting at home." I reply.

"And I'll be there, for you." Alex assures me. "Hold my flowers real quick?" He extends the bunch, I grasp them. He feels around his person for something, it looks like he gives up and looks back at me, his eyes are passionate and warm. "Madeline, for a short time I've watched you grow into a beautiful and intelligent woman, and I am incredibly lucky to have had the pleasure of knowing you. Our time together is passionate and never forced. When you left me, I thought I had lost you forever." - his voice grows more husky with emotion - "But when I saw you after graduation, hell during graduation, I knew that you would be the only woman for me." Without missing a beat Alex drops onto one knee in front of me.

"Are you -"

"Marry me?" He popped the question breathless, you could hear the nerves.

_____

Note: Can't say when the next chapter will be out but I can promise there will be more chapters. All the love x