Chapter 13

“I’m calling the cops.” Alex said, you could hear the anger boiling in him. I was too shocked to feel anything. Charlotte had damaged my car and now my house, I didn’t feel safe at all. “Get dressed Madeline.” He said as he dialed. I finally woke up from my shocked state and walked into the bedroom pulling on some jeans and tied my hair pack.

            “They are on their way.” I heard Alex inform Jason. I went into the bathroom and drained the now cold bath water, watching it get sucked down the drain.

            If this was only the beginning then what could she do next? Hurt me? Hurt my brother? She wouldn’t hurt Alex. What if she burned my house down? I got goose bumps from the thought of that. I needed to go some place, some place far and away from her crazy ass.

            “Mads?” Jason interrupted my deep thought, well more like deep worrying.

            “Yeah?”

            “The police are here.”

Two long tired hours later the police left with our statements and pictures of the place. I went into my bedroom and started packing clothes, “Where are we going?” Jason asked leaning on the doorway.

            “We can find a motel near dad.” – “That’s far enough from here.”

He was quite for so long I thought he had left but his voice made me jump, “Does he know?”

            I turned around with my bag ready to go, “No.”

I walked past him and set my bag near the door. Alex looked up from his phone and quirked a brow, “You and your brother are going to stay with me.”

            “No, we’re going to find a motel near my dad and then we are going to see my dad tomorrow, well I guess today.” I say checking the time, it was just past 1 am.

            “Then I’m going with you.” He shrugged which made me extremely nervous. He may not know what happened but I was going to have to tell him now.

            “I got two rooms, that ok?” Jason asked coming towards Alex and I.

            “Yeah.” I snatched a room key from his hand and found my room budging in and dropping my things. I was beyond tired and was ready to pass out. I threw off my shoes and flopped into the big bed. I heard Alex creep inside the room and follow my actions before getting into bed.

            “We’ll be fine.” He soothed me while rubbing my back but I still didn’t feel safe, what if she followed us? What if she was watching us? “Hey calm down.” He turned me to face him and I felt tears prickle my eyes.

            “It’s only going to get worse.”

He pulled me into a hug and held me, and for a split moment I felt safe.

            “Hey drool face get up. Its time to go visit dad.” I heard Jason tease as he poked my cheek. I slapped his hand from my face earning laughter from him and Alex who was now behind him towel drying his hair.

            “I do not drool.” I whined as I rolled over away from them. They only laughed more, “Can you throw me my jeans please.” I ask tone of them.