Chapter Two: Stranger

Alright so it's been like 4 years since I last edited or posted in this story buuuuut I'm back and I'm fixing, adding, and finishing this. I started this when I was 13 and I accidentally got back into this account so now I'm just hyped lol. This chapter used to be a part of chapter one, but chapter one reached almost 6,000 words after editing it so I just split it.

Enjoy.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two: Strangers

"Wow Ali... you saved a kid's life today..." Lorena breaks the silence and freezes in front of the door to our room, unable to bring herself to open it.

"I didn't, the paramedics did. All I did was call them," Ali shakes her head as she steps in front of Lorena and opens the door herself. I follow behind, even though I usually enter first.

I'll let today be an exception.

As we walk in, our instructor Mrs. La Rosa stands up with the class and claps for Ali. She ignores them and continues to her seat. The rest of us follow closely. News sure spreads fast around here an it's honestly kind of annoying. We hear whispers left and right asking us what happened to Jonah so we just mutter back 'seizure.'

I spot Ky across the room and gift him a flirty wink, but he ignores it?

He always winks back.

His attention is focused on Layla, one of the lower-tier members of the school. She's a geek on a scholarship, so how the hell did she catch Ky's eye?

Taking my seat, I give her daggers for glares, barely squinting my eyes in an attempt to took as intimidating as possible and she holds her bag in a protective hug.

I hate her, and I'm not buying her innocent act, just suddenly throwing herself at him. She should just stick to the two dorks she calls friends.

Ky smiles and waves me over, Layla softly shakes her head mouthing "no."

Too bad, I'm coming, and I don't like you.

"Hey J, this is Lala," he puts his arm around her shoulder, "Lala this is J, one of my closest friends."

I cross my arms and fake a smile, feeling an anger and sadness rise in me.

She does NOT get a nickname.

"Hey Ky," I pause, debating whether or not I should ask my lingering question.

Yes.

"Are you guys like a thing or something?" I tilt my head and my heart sinks when he gives a single nod.

HER!?

Layla attempts being friendly with me, even though she knows I don't talk to her or her people.

"H-hi Jade," she looks to Ky, then to me, "I like your bracelet. It's cute."

I guess I'll play nice, for now, but she's a snake and needs to be put in her place. The whole school has known for years that it's supposed to be me and Ky. I've loved the boy for-like-ever and she's just gonna come on in and ruin that? I think not.

"Thanks, and I know," I swallow the lump in my throat, "nice hair."

I lied. Her hair is tragic.

What's special about her? I've been right here for the past five years and she has the audacity to interfere when he starts to show interest in me? We were finally getting closer.