Chapter One: The BC

Hello readers! Welcome to the BC.

The virus is inspired by The Last of Us, but all of the characters are mine as well as the storyline :)

I will update regularly, most likely 2-3 times per week, unless I'm too busy with school or work.

This is my first story so please excuse any mistakes and if theres anything you think I can improve, feel free to comment or PM me. Enjoy! :)

CHAPTER ONE: THE BC

"HELP!"

I feel the leaves and branches scratch my legs, but it's the least of my worries. I sprint, and I don't know what I'm running from, but I know my life depends on it. As I run in no definite direction I try to find any sign of him in this never-ending forest.

ep...eep....beep...beeeep...

I gasp and whip my head around in attempt to find the source of the sound when I see him running from me, but why? I start towards him when I trip, then the world goes black.

48 hours BC

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Suddenly I feel myself land, not in a bunch of branches or on the forest ground, but in my bed. The alarm interrupted my dream right when it got to the interesting part. I let out a frustrated groan and rub my eyes as a yawn escapes my mouth.

I swear dreams always do that, they love to end at the good parts right when I'm supposed to wake up.

I open my eyes to have a painful bright light disturb my vision, causing me to scrunch my face and throw my head to the side. I shove my face into the pillow closest to me and let out an ugly growl-like noise.

Rude.

At least now I get to go back to my lovely life. I'm pretty sure the dream was better.

Anyways how'd I forget already? It's been like, what, 2 minutes?

After a good few minutes of laying on my pile of pillows staring blankly at my ceiling, I manage to roll out of my trance and down the bed steps. I bump my head on the floor in the process and call it a bitch. When I finally lose the overwhelming morning laziness, I stand up to stretch my back.

With the amount of pops and cracks my back made, I should be like 50.

I reach for my phone to see a bunch of notifications from social media, as well as messages from a bunch of people I don't even talk to. When I don't see my parents in my notifications I lock it and see my unfortunate reflection staring back at me.

I'll just check them later.

I toss my phone onto my bed and look to my family portrait, mentally counting down the days till I see my parents again. I do this religiously and it's Thursday, so they come home tomorrow evening.

Imagine: you live every teenage kid's dream. You are pretty much spoiled, you get what you want and the whole school practically worships you. Not to mention, you're gorgeous. The only price for that is that your parents only come home twice a month, every other weekend. Is it really worth it? Maybe, but I was pretty much raised by people my parents hired and Cordelia.

I scan the rest of the room when I let out a disappointed sigh.

I'm think tired of a Maroon themed room, it's boring now. I'll just ask mom to take me shopping this weekend for a rustic themed bed set and room decor since I'm getting this weeks allowance. Now that would be a cute date, and she could even help me choose.