REAL LIFE.

After batting practice and before the start of the game, Aaron Boone had called a team meeting in the locker room.

the day was June 12th, the first game of a Yankees/Nationals series. Aaron apparently had to make a special announcement, so the players listened.

you guys all know how cashman and the owners promised me a new assistant? his hands were practically shaking from the excitement, but no one seemed to notice. they were just happy to see their manager happy.

a chorus of yeahs filled the room. well.. here's the new assistant

-

Alicia stepped through the door once it was opened for her.

she couldn't think straight. in the last week, her life had become a whirl wind of nervousness, ecstasy, confusion... and now, the moment she's been waiting for was here.

hi.

everyone turned to look at the scared girl in the doorway. their low murmurs only frightened her more.

Aaron Boone grinned. "guys, this is Alicia, our organizations new assistant manage."

she couldn't believe it.

she spotted each and every player she'd worshiped for who knows how long. they knew her name, they would be speaking to her. she didn't know what to do.

"i think she might be in shock," one of them said. she turned to the sound of the voice.

Giancarlo Stanton.

"Because she's seeing me, of course," he added, smiling, and slammed his locker shut before facing her again. "hey, Alicia. I'm Giancarlo, and you're gorgeous."

she recoiled in surprise. on one hand, why didn't he recognize her? on the other, he thought she was gorgeous. she couldn't believe it.

several pf the players groaned. maybe this has happened before.

"lay off her. she's a manager, not some model," Boone rolled his eyes. This must have happened before.

"could of fooled me," he said, keeping his gaze on her. Of course he would recognize her , any second now.

Boone sighed. 'Anyway' he said he continued. "Alicia will be acting as my second-in-command. you will respect her as you respect me ." He shot Giancarlo a look. "Anything you need, she's your woman. Alright, now get ready, do whatever. Positions in 10."

As the players dispersed, no longer paying attention, he said Alicia, "I'm sorry about Stanton. That really was unprofessional of him. I'll talk to him later."

Alicia got a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. She didn't want to make an enemy of him, especially since he's made it clear that he didn't recognize her. she took her head. "it's fine."

Boone looked like he was going to say something, but then decided against it. "Well, if you say so. As my assistant, i'll protect you, let me know, okay?"

She smiled at how nice he was, and sensed that they were going to become friends. "yeah."

"