CHAPTER 1

Location: Exox, Exo Planet

A short and chubby middle-aged man was running across a huge field. He was breathing raggedly and was sweating profoundly. Yet he did not spare a moment to rest as he was in absolute hurry. He, being the Royal Messenger, had a very important job to carry out. King Junmyeon of the Kingdom of Exox had asked him to fetch Captain Baekhyun immediately. So here he was at the military barrack, near the kingdom's border, looking for the Captain.

It was common knowledge that Captain Baekhyun, the protector, was called upon by the king only when it was a matter of national emergency. Therefore, the man wondered as to what had happened that made the king summon the Captain in such haste.

Finally reaching Captain's quarters, the man promptly knocked at the door. After few seconds, the door opened revealing a handsome young man. The Captain.

Byun Baekhyun was a beautiful man. His beauty captivated people like no other in the kingdom. Everything about Baekhyun was angelic. From the way his soft blond hair brushed across his almond shaped eyes to the way his bow shaped pink lips curved when he smiled. From the rectangle shape of his mouth when he laughed to the never disappearing twinkle in his gray eyes. From his pale baby-like skin to his slender feminine hands. Baekhyun was so enchanting that the rumors of his allurement were spread far and wide across the Exo planet.

However, in addition to his beauty, Baekhyun was a man of many talents. Despite being only 22, he was one of the most educated people in the kingdom. He knew the history and the on-goings of the kingdom like the back of his hand. Not to mention Baekhyun also excelled in martial arts. He could kill a man twice his size in a second if he wanted to.

Planet Exo was a peculiar planet. All the inhabitants of this planet were exquisitely extraordinary. This planet was home to many creatures that were considered a myth on Earth. From the mighty dragons to the little pixies, they had them all. But most importantly, Exox was home to Exol.

Exol were a special kind of creatures. They were exactly like humans, except all the Exol possessed one special power that was completely unique to them. Whether it be a seemingly useless power like being able to control rice grains or the power to control weather. Each Exol were blessed with special abilities and no two people possessed the same power.

Thereupon, according to the quantity and quality of power held by a person, Exol were divided into three categories. Those who had abundance amount of advantageous power were considered as Khazy. Meaning, they were powerful Exol and could hold high position as government officials. The people who had small amount of advantageous power were called Brahm. Brahm were also powerful Exol, but they were not granted high position in government offices. And finally, the Dusa. Dusas were people who had useful powers, but their powers weren't advantageous. Hence, they lived a normal life but weren't allowed any position in government offices.

Captain Byun Baekhyun was a Khazy. He possessed the power of light. Because of his photokinetic ability, he could create, shape and manipulate any visible light. If an enemy were to become a threat, he could blast them with his light that would render them blind or even burn their eyes out. His power peaked during day time. Given any reflective object, like a mirror, he could hold a conversation through it with people. He could even look through it, like a peeping window, at any part of the world. The only weakness of a photokinetic person was darkness. Baekhyun would lose his power if he was at a place that is inaccessible to light.

Baekhyun came from a family who had a long history of serving the Kings of Exox. The Byuns were the Kings' personal bodyguards. They were called the Guardians of the Realm as they were the King Protectors. His grandfather had served the former king and his father, Byun Jongdae, served the current king. Similarly, Baekhyun was destined to serve the future king. It was the sole purpose of his life.

The present king and queen, His Majesty Park Junmyeon and His Majesty Park Yixing, had two sons. The first born was named Park Chanyeol and the second born, who was born two years later, was named Park Kyungsoo.

Prince Chanyeol was the rightful heir to the throne. He was the beloved lost prince of the Exox Kingdom. About 20 years ago, there had been a raid at the kingdom. It was one of the darkest periods in the kingdom's history. The war had lasted for about a month, during which the King's Palace and the walls surrounding Exox had been breached multiple times. The raid was instigated by the Lycans from the Blood Moon Kingdom.

The Lycans looked similar to Exol except they had elongated canines and had overly muscular body. All Lycans were blessed by their moon goddess with the ability to transform into large wolves at any given time. They looked civilized but were beasts at heart. They hunted wild animals for food and had wolf-like pack mentality.

Lycans and Exol had been hostile towards one another for centuries. What had been a small quarrel for land between the leaders of the two kingdoms had ended up into centuries long hostility.

The Lycan king, Rywan, was a power-hungry king. He believed that the Lycans were the most powerful beings on the planet. So, Rywan, being the power obsessed king that he was, wanted to rule Exo Planet. For that to happen, he first had to defeat his number one opponent; The Exol. So, he planned to kill the Crown Prince. Chanyeol was the heir to the throne so he was the heart of Exol. Kill him, and the Kingdom of Exox would be in chaos. Ultimately leading to the downfall of Exol.

Realizing that the enemies were after the Crown Prince, King Junmyeon had ordered a powerful witch to take the 3-year-old Chanyeol to a safe place. The witch then decided to take the young prince to Earth where he could be away from the dangers that the Lycans had brought. However, on their way, they were attacked by an army of Lycans. The witch fought with all her might, but she could not defeat them all. So, using the last of her strength, she teleported the young prince somewhere on Earth and died. Since, no one knew where the witch had hidden him, the Crown Prince was lost to the world for 20 long years.

However, unrevealed to all, King Junmyeon knew exactly where Chanyeol was.

Growing up, Byun Baekhyun knew his exact purpose in life was to protect the future King. But with Chanyeol missing, the future was uncertain. Nonetheless, Baekhyun did not lose his focus. He worked hard day and night to perfect his skills. He had faith that one day Chanyeol would return and when that happened, Baekhyun would be right by his side helping him claim back what was his.

A year ago, on his 21st birthday, Baekhyun was summoned by the king. Upon arriving at the palace, the king had revealed that Prince Chanyeol was hidden on planet Earth and when the time was right, he was to fetch the Prince back home. But for now, he had to keep this information confidential. After hearing this, Baekhyun had asked the king why he had kept silent for all these years. King Junmyeon had then given a simple answer. The less people know about him, the safer he will be.

So, recently, when the wind brought in rumors that the Lycans had resumed their search for the Exol's Crown Prince, Baekhyun had wondered if the time for the Prince to return home was here.

For this reason, when Baekhyun opened the door of his quarter at the barrack and saw the Royal Messenger, he knew that the time had finally come.

Author's note: Hey! Just wanted to pop up and say that English is not my 1st language. Hell! It's not even my 2nd language. So, please spare me if there are any mistakes. <3 Constructive criticism are always welcomed.

#Photo: Captain Byun Baekhyun