Chapter 29 ~ Questions

Me and Zed both look at Walker with wide eyes. He can't be serious, BROTHERS? No, that's a mistake right? RIGHT?

"You honestly didn't know?" Walker sounds a little taken back by the confusion we both hold. He stands up with a loud, frustrated sigh.

I always saw something familiar in both of them, when I first met Walker he instantly reminded me of Zed somehow but I never thought of them as brothers. The signs were there - are there - you can see it just by looking at them.

The oddly identical Smirks they hold on their faces whenever they are up to something, the weird hair thing they always do; pushing it back and always running a hand through it every hour or so. You could even say their chuckle was the same, all signs I never took into consideration until now.

"We are nothing alike!" Zed snaps, still in disbelief. I can feel him slightly shaking beside me, his hands clench at his sides to try and stop the shaking but it's not working.

"Zed" I whisper, trying to get his attention. He looks down at me as Walker does the same. I gaze into his ocean blue eyes as he does the same to mine, confusion and fear holds a place in his mind as he continues to disbelieve everything Walker has just said.

"Do you believe his nonsense?" Zed Croaked, I think we could all hear the shakiness of his voice. I place my hand on his arm to calm him down but it doesn't work. I quickly remove my hand and look down at the floor.

"I believe him" I reply, my voice as low as my eyes. I look up and see Zed shake his head, not wanting this to be real. "Just hear me out" I try to explain but he clearly didn't want any of this.

"Don't, this isn't real! My parents are MY parents, NOT yours!" Zed shouts at Walker like some selfish toddler who doesn't like sharing. I hear a sigh pass Walker's lips and then he steps closer to me.

"Try to reason with him, he'll believe you more than me" He claims, "I don't want to even look at him right now" Walker glares at Zed and then pushes off one heel to walk down the city streets.

I look at Zed again, worry consumes me as I look his shaking self up and down. I want to help him, I just don't know how...

"Why would you believe him?" Zed breaks the awkward silence. He keeps his eyes on the wall that Walker was just standing against. I take a moment to think of a response as everything becomes a slow movement for me, the city moves forward but feels like it's moving in slow motion. I feel like I'm becoming a little dizzy.

"The signs were always there Zed, I just haven't really thought about them till now" I start, "I always saw the weird resemblance between you" I explain, trying to reason with him.

"You never told me" His voice has calmed down but I still hear the sadness within his shaky tone. I feel really bad for not saying something sooner, but I didn't feel like I needed too.

The time where I was making out with Walker, it was probably the part of him that reminded me of Zed that I was actually Attracted too. It kind of makes sense but at the same time, it makes no sense at all.

I realise Zed staring at me with wide eyes, I look at him with my head slightly tilted. Why is he looking at me like that?

"You made out with Walker?" Zed's voice sounds broken. My eyes narrow onto his and then go wide as I realise what I just did, I was thinking out loud again.

"Zed, it's not like that—" I'm cut short by the sound of a fist connecting with something hard. I look at Zed and watch as he throws his fist - full force - into the wall in front of us.

"OH MY GOD, ZED!" I scream as blood slowly drips from his hand. Tears run down my face as Zed keeps his eyes on the wall, not wanting to look at me. I try to grab his hand to look at it but he rips it away from me quick enough for me to stumble.

I hear shouting coming from the others as they all run down the other side of the street. I look at them and they immediately look at us. They run over to us, stopping a car or two on the way.

"Why are you all the way out here?" Liam shouts as they make their way over to us. The boys stop in front of us, but I notice that Max is missing from the gang.

"I needed fresh air..."  I respond. Tears, still running down my pale face. The colour has disappeared from my face by now and the world around me becomes more of a blur by the second.

"What happened?" Cole ask's with a confused tone. Everyone looks at Zed and then back at me for answers, if only I had some.

"Zed and Walker—" a hand covers my mouth and my breath hitches. Everyone looks at the person behind me with worry, which immediately tells me exactly who's hand is over my mouth.

"Not another word" Zed's raspy voice speaks from behind me. The harshness in his tone scares me more than it should.

"Zed, let go of Maddie" Payton speaks out, trying to stay calm. More tears spill from my eyes as I try to wrap my head around everything that's happening. Zed lets go of my mouth and holds his wrist again, trying to stop the bleeding.

I spin on my heel and look over Zed's hand, I think it's broken. My eyes lock with his and I can see that he is on the edge, at a breaking point where he could start crying at any moment.

I can't be mad at him right now

"You need to let me help" I softly say, putting one hand on his shoulder and the other on his arm. He takes a few minutes to think it over before finally agreeing.

I sit him down on against the wall Walker was sitting against moments ago and look over his hand. His knuckle is higher than it should be and blood seems to be coming from another one of his bruised knuckles.

"I think you need to go to the hospital" I suggest but he seems to think otherwise. Zed shakes his head and groans as he moves one of his fingers. "Don't move your hand!" I screech as I see more blood come from his hand.

"I'm not going to the hospital" Zed claims as he tries to stand up. I would question his motives but I don't think I'm going to get any answers tonight.

"You need to get your knuckle fixed" I explain but he doesn't listen. He steadies himself and tries to push past everyone, I step in front of him and he suddenly stops with a surprised expression on his face.

"You are going to the hospital!" I demand, I can't take his childish behaviour anymore. I turn and look at the guys, "I need Payton to come with us, and the others need to go find Max" I order.

"He's gone home with some girl" Zack says with an amused tone. I shake my head and look at the ground, why does my brother have to be so stupid. I need him and he's off sleeping with a stranger. Typical Max.

"I don't care, go get him! We will meet at the hospital" I shout and they all nod. The boys disappear down the street as me, Payton and Zed stand on the street corner.

"What now?" Payton questions with cluelessness. I look at Zed's hand again and sigh, why do I need to be the responsible one?

"We need a taxi to take us to the hospital" I explain with a duh tone. We wait for a little until a taxi stops to ask if we needed a ride, we agreed and got in as quick as possible.

I hope Zed isn't mad at me...

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while, I'm trying to Edit all the previous chapters so I haven't really updated