5 ⭐ Ramen? Ramen.

5 ⭐ Ramen? Ramen.

Thursday, December 23.

My stomach answered. Although, I’m not sure if it was the response I was looking for.

All questions aside, I was really hungry.

 “Do you have anything to eat? I uh...didn't have any dinner yet,” I remarked sheepishly.

Taron chuckled lightly and I could feel my face heat up ever so slightly.

 “Sure. I hope you like protein bars or Ramen, cause that's what we've got.”

 Recovering from my embarrassment, I replied.

“ Wow, a student with something other than microwave Ramen in their pantry. It seems college kids are moving up in the world.”

 “ Well actually the protein bars are Beck's. My food is limited to Ramen...but I have a meal plan at the cafeteria and OJ in the fridge!” Taron exclaimed.

 “What else could you want?” I replied with a hint of sarcasm.

He walked behind the kitchen  counter and I sat down at one of the barstools. 

After opening up a small cupboard, he gestured to the food inside. 

 “Protein bar?” He inquired.

I made a face, which he smiled at and then pulled out a packet of beef flavored noodles.

 “Ramen?” 

I grinned and nodded, “Ramen.”

“Beef okay?”

“Is that even a question?” I jested.

He laughed, “Fair enough. Do you want any vegetables on it or anything?”

Without hesitation I answered, “What have you got?”

“Well… we have some frozen carrot and pea mixes.”

I gasped with faux appal.

“Shame on you for suggesting that! Who puts peas in their Ramen?” 

“Well...to answer your question, Beck does.”

This time the gasp wasn’t fake.

“I don’t have a brother...I don’t have a brother,” I muttered, shaking my head.

Taron snorted and slapped a hand to his mouth. We were both silent for a second, just staring at each other, before doubling over with laughter.

Tears leaked out of my eyes and my abdomen ached.

“What’s so funny?”

Taron whirled around and I looked up to see Beck standing there sleepily rubbing his eyes. 

It took a second before Taron or I could sober up, but when I did I just put on a sort of nonchalant expression and replied lazily, “Oh nothing.”

Taron nodded along with me,  a small chuckle escaping his mouth.

Beck just shrugged and sat on the stool next to me. He patted me on the back, “Hey, Bella, “ he yawned, “You guys are making Ramen?”

 “ Um… yeah, why do you ask?" 

 "I might want some 'cause those hotdogs went right through me!" He grinned obnoxiously .

 "TMI! Dear goodness, Becky! Maybe they wouldn't, if you didn't eat peas in your Ramen!"