Chapter 7

I grab Gundham's bandaged hand and start to run back towards the animals, dragging Gundham behind me. But, of course, my clumsy ass goes and trips on a rock or something, and for the, what, third time today I brace myself for impact. This time though, instead of being met with the cool ground I'm jerked back into a warm fabric. I feel an arm wrap around my waist as I regain my bearings. I look up and see gundham staring back at me, his face about as red as the tomatoes in his garden.

But, just as soon as the moment had happened, it was over.

Gundham unwrapped his arm from around my waist and let go of my hand, stepping back. He then pulled up his scarf a little to hide the blush as he looked away.

He cleared his throat before saying in his deep, flustered tone

"Animals, mortal, to the animals."

I nod my head and avert my gaze, feeling a blush of my own creep across my cheeks.

The rest of the walk is full of awkward silence.

~ ~ ~

I turn around when I hear the shed door being closed. I see Gundham walking towards me with a bag of feed.

I give him a smile before turning back around to face my new animal friends.

*ahem* I hear Gundham clear his throat from behind me

I look over my shoulder to see him set down the bag of feed with a thud, kicking up a little bit of dirt.

I turn towards him fully and assist in opening the tiny hole in the bag large enough so that we could stick our hands in. Once we had gotten the hole to a good size I done right in, picking up as much feed as I could hold.

I pull my hand out and hear Gundham start laughing.

"Silly mortal. You don't need to grab that much at once. Observe" Gundham educates once he is able to get his laugh under control

I watch as Gundham plunges his hand into the bag and pulls out just a mere handful of feed. My handful was obviously superior since it was about ready to burst out of my grip.

Nonetheless, I place my hand back into the bag and drop about half of the feed I had picked up back into the bag before pulling it back out. I look up to Gundham for approval and see him give me a nod of approval.

While Gundham is in the process of standing up I see 4 little balls of fluff crawl out of his scarf and into his palm where he was balancing the feed before quickly disappearing again into the purple fabric.

Gundham looks down to the see a phantom pile of feed on his palm.

"Sun-D, Maga-Z, Jum-P, Cham-P. Are you responsible for this sudden disappearance?" Gundham questions, averting his gaze onto his scarf.

No response of course as Gundham lets out a breathy laugh, bending back down and once again reaching his hand into the bag of feed. He pulls out another mediocre handful and stands back up. This time looking right at me.

"Well these animals aren't going to feed themselves, now are they?" I laugh back, wearing an amused look on my face.

~ ~ ~

I shove the taller man as we walk back to the mansion.

"Now what was that for peasant?" Gundham says, looking down at me with a confused look on his face

"I don't know, I'm bored. Where too next Gundham?" I whine, clinging onto his sleeve.

He looks away, using his free arm to pull up his scarf a little

"I suppose I could show you to the theater next mortal." He says after clearing his throat.

"Theater?!" I question, letting go of his sleeve and stepping in front of him.

Gundham's face goes red and he pulls his scarf up even more before answering.

"Yes mortal, did you expect any less from Tanaka, the forbidden one!?" Gundham sort of softly yells from under his scarf.

"Um, not really I suppose," I say softly, reaching up and pulling his scarf down so that he can see me, being careful not to touch his porcelain skin in the process.

I give him a little closed-eyed smile before turning on my heel and continue walking back to the house.

I hear him let out a breath he must have been holding from behind me before he starts to follow behind me. Since his legs are longer than mine he easily catches up though.

Once we reach the door that we came out of Gundam steps in front of me and proceeds to hold the door open.

"Why thankyou Gundham," I say with a smile

"You welcome Y/N," He says simply is his smooth, deep voice.

I almost stop walking as I hear my name brush his lips, but I somehow keep my composure and continue on into the house wearing only a small smile.