Chapter 2

"Heh...heh...heh......." I laugh awkwardly along with him, rubbing the back of my neck and avoiding his gaze.

After Gundham's fit of laughter resided he asked me,

"Well...Y/N.....what is it that has brought you to my lair?"

"Erm.... I'm supposed to stay here for the summer, and I was unaware that it was currently...occupied..." I state awkwardly, staring down

"Oh! You mean the humans that had come in contact with me earlier and requested that I rent out this house to them for the summer was you, mortal?" He asks me, tilting his head and stepping a bit closer, leaning his head on his hand for support, not making any moves to touch me what so ever.

"U-um, actually, that was my parents....n-not me, I was unaware that they even rented it out, *tch* figures" I mumble mostly to myself, sure that he can still hear it

"Well, I was also unaware that I would be sharing this cottage with a lady." He says, pulling his scarf up slightly, and barely covering his blush this time

"Heh..- oh wait? Did you say cottage?" I question suddenly, realizing that we were basically in a slightly smaller than average MANSION!

"WHY YES PEASANT! TO A MERE MORTAL LIKE YOU THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A CASTLE, BUT I HAVE LIVED IN PALACES FAR GREATER THAN THIS IN THE DEEPEST DEPTHS OF HELL!" He shouts, suddenly talking very...strangely again.

"U-um, o-ok" I stutter, confused at how this man could change his attitude so quickly, and why he speaks like this?

"Well, Y/N, there are plenty of other rooms here that you can choose from, so please pick which you'd like" he states, gesturing to the rooms around him.

"Ok, um I can barely see though, do you think I could maybe turn the hall light on?" I ask, seeing as he looks and acts so dark, I want to make sure he's ok with it first since after all, this is his house.

"Of course!" He states, stepping back and flipping a switch the momentarily blinds me before my vision returns and I see an illuminated hall.

"T-thanks" I thanks him, as I become lights headed and lean against the wall for support.

Gundham instinctively moves his hands towards me to avoid me from falling, but, then he hesitates for a moment and retreated his hands just a quickly as he offered them.

"A-are you ok, I d-don't bite" I stutter, confused and slightly saddened as to why this man is afraid to touch me.

"N-no, it is not that, foolish mortal, I am cursed. I am the very definition of hell itself, the offspring of a Demon and an Angel, a mistake that should have never happened.... and if I was to ever touch you...you would turn into nothing more than ash at my feet.." he looks down slightly ashamed, cradling his bandaged arm.

Now that I think about, I just noticed that his one hand is always bandaged...that sure is strange...

"I-I don't think you're a mistake..." I say weakly as I go to reach out and graze my hand along his jawline, but before my hand has time to reach him he instinctively jumps back and gives me a frightened look before saying,

"MORTAL! Are you crazy! Do you wish to be turned to ash by my touch! The only ones who can touch me are gods!.....and an....never mind..." he says in a flustered state, before clamping up and looking away from my confused and questioning gaze.

"I-I'm sorry to hear that, I do hope you change your mind, cause I'm quite the toucher, and I'll probably go crazy if I have no physical contact from a human this entire summer, but c-could you show me to your room, I'm feeling quite faint." I plead, leaning against the wall for support

He blushes again and returns to his scarf pulled up to his nose pose before answering with a

"Sure, mortal, and as you rest I shall prepare a room of your own to rest in at later occasion" averting his gaze to the wall somewhere to my left

"S-sure" I stumble my way from the walk behind me to in front of me, Gundham just watching me with a pained glare

I then somehow make it to his bed and lie down, and then the lights in the room go out and I am blinded, once again, only to be released when I see the light pouring in from the opened door to the hallway.

"G-Gundham?" I questioned, not really wanting to be alone just yet in this new house.

Moments later he appears in the doorway with a confused look on his face, before a light blush dusts across his face and he slightly pulls his scarf up instinctively.

"Y-yes mortal?" He questions shyly

"C-can you stay with me until I doze off...I don't really want to be some right now" I question, a slight blush now dusting my face.

He says nothing as he sits in the rocking chair he has in the middle of his room next to his hamster's cage and pulls his scarf up to his forehead this time to cover his extremely dark blush that is now covering his once pale face.

I give a chuckle as I shut my eyes before sleepily giving Gundham a
"G'night"

And before I doze off, i think I hear a light, muffled
"Good night my dark q-...mortal," I think he was about to say something else before he cut himself off but I could be wrong, because at that moment I was pulled into the darkness.