But who goes to the club for just one glass of drink?

I ended up having two, then three, the four and unfortunately, it ended at seven, if Lucas hadn't stopped me and called me a coward and a bastard.

I wonder how Lucas and I ended up getting so fucking close that he happens to he the person I get to when I need to talk to someone. And maybe because he's a good listener.

And I need a good listener.

Lucas would have been the first face to punch if I felt so fucking frustrated but he happened to be one fucking best buddy.

"I told you not to drink too much. Now, what to we do with you?"
Lucas said to me.

I smiled at him like a doll. "Do whatever you want."
I said to him.

"Trust me, that's what I've been dying to do with you for years. Whatever I want would be to punch you till you lose your breath. But I'm not a murderer and Melanie will have my hide."

I smiled at that one.
"I don't think she will mind. She hates my guts."

He shrugged. "Well, then I like keeping kids with their fathers."

I chuckled. "Are you searching for excuses to kill me? Try an asshole."

"You're more than that. That's how much I love you."

"You're not my type."
I said and tried to stand up. Too fast. Bad idea. My head gave me a start and I blinked, shaking my head, trying to clear my blurred vision.

Another dick move. My head throbbed.
Fuck.

Lucas sighed and cursed. He pulled out his cellphone and made a quick call. I wasn't actually getting his words as I was too focused on stopping my head from falling off my shoulders.

"I have to leave here."
I murmured and stood up. I swayed again and Lucas caught me.

"Do you mind? I don't know if Tammy is at my place and it won't seem good if she has to smell alcohol on me tonight."

"Tell her you were with your best buddy."
I said and laughed.

"Yeah. Indeed."
He muttered.

I sighed and looked up at him. "Don't give me that look. I know what you want to say. Don't say it."

"Wasn't planning on it."  He said and shook his head.

"Was it this hard with Tammy?"

"Worse."
He said.

I nodded. "Now, I feel like a dick."

"You would know how a dick feels. You have one."
He said and shrugged.

"Who did you call?"

"Someone who can put you in your place."

I laughed. "That's funny because, the only person who can put me in my place is Melanie. And she hates my guts."

"Actually, I would slap your ass instead of hating your guts."
I heard the female voice and turned around.

My alcohol was taking effect. A bad effect. I was beginning to hallucinate.
I looked up at Lucas and he shrugged.

The traitor.

"You called her?"
I asked.

"What in the world were you thinking to get drunk like this, Derrick? There's TJ who's still in the hospital and now I had to deal with a drunk dad too?"

"Drunk baby daddy."
I said and smiled.

"Ugh!" She said and rolled her eyes. "Thanks, Lucas." She muttered and pulled me up on my wobbly feet.