"It's not what it looks like," Derek said calmly still in the same position.

"Bella, save me" Ace dramatically called out he reached his right hand out.

I turned left and right in search when I finally found an item. I threw Ace's slipper towards them and hit Derek which only made things worse. Derek leaned in and kissed the tip on Ace's nose.

"Oh-my-nuggets-," a shaken looking Jennifer witnessed the scene.

And then the spell broke. The boys pushed one another and stood up.

"Ew," Ace screeched as he furiously wiped his nose.

"I should be the one saying that." Derek spat as he wiped his lips harshly.

"Man, get the memo I don't swing that way. " Ace replied glaring at him.

Derek was about to jump on him, but I came in between.

"What is happening here?" Mr. and Mrs. Lorenzo stood there unimpressed.

"Mommy I got kissed." Ace whined.

"Yesss finally you grew some pair and took a step. I'm so proud of you baby now Bella can finally be a part of our family." Mrs. Lorenzo also known as Karine gushed excitedly towards her son. While Mr. Lorenzo also known as James nodded with a smirk and gave a thumbs up to his son.

"Actually he kissed him," Jennifer admitted giggling as she pointed to Derek.

***

Two hours later, we were finally able to get out of the very awkward situation. Both boys were completely dressed and Jennifer tagged along because she was bored.

We all stood outside in a field not too far from their place. Fortunately for us, the place was deserted.

I glared at Derek who glared at Ace who was glaring at him in return.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" Jennifer asked.

"This-"Ace pointed at Derek and continued "barged into our house and started beating me."

"What?" I turned at Derek.

I took slow steps towards him and pulled him further away from them so that they wouldn't hear our conversation.

"Why. did. you. hit. my. best. friend?" I gritted between my teeth as I punched his arm.

Derek looked at me and I was slowly losing my patience.

"Derek," I called out once again.

"He's the one that was in your house yesterday. He is the cause for everything." Derek said as he gave a death glare to Ace who was busy talking with Jennifer.

"What makes you think that?" I questioned as I crossed my arms my chest.

"Someone told me." He answered.

I laughed humourlessly.

"Because someone told you?" I repeated.

I shook my head in disbelief.

"Do you seriously believe what that someone told you." I inquired.

"Yes." He replied in synch.

"It would explain so many things like how he was always there whenever things got out of hand, also it will explain how he was able to get in your place."He responded in confidence.

"Same goes for you. You were always there when things went wrong maybe you were one causing all this. You also managed to get in my place numerous times. You know what before you came things were calm. You just came out of nowhere and wrecked everything." I cried out helplessly.

"You don't actually mean that." He let out almost sounding hurt.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I am grateful for your help yesterday I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for you. I'm sorry Derek I crossed the line and said things which I didn't mean. My life changed since you came: you made me feel special, happy even though all this mess started since I met you I know that you are not the culprit and in the same way I know Ace would never do anything like that." I told him honestly.

He reluctantly nodded his head and sighed, "promise me you will stay vigilant."

I simply nodded.

He looked conflicted and before he could walk away he said: "Bella, sometimes those who are close to us are the ones to harm us the most. We have trust in them so we never suspect them, but not everyone is as kind-hearted as you are."

"Derek" I called out.

He stopped.

"I won't give up on you, on us because I know you haven't and I still remember your promises that you will prove me wrong and that you will be by my side no matter what," I said to him but at the same time to myself.

He stood in place a few more seconds before walking away.

A/n: So we finally find the truth of who the creep is or do we?!? Who thinks it's Ace?
I mean it makes a lot of sense if it was him. Hmmmmm oh well... I guess we'll figure that out another day

Let me know what u think about this chapter!