Drop Zone Part 2

Comincia dall'inizio

•~•~•
Aqualad snaps a glow stick, creating a source of light, Robin stands looking at the Cave in. "How can my first mission as leader go so wrong?" "Besides me, you do have the most experience, but maybe that's exactly what's left you unprepared." S/n says from beside Aqualad. "You've been fighting along side Batman, your roles are clearly defined. You two don't talk, just do, already knowing what do. Aqualad a little help here." She asks the Atlantean. "As S/n was saying, a leader needs to be clear, explicit. He cannot vanish and expect others to play part in an unknown plan." Robin turns around. "Oh, so I'm supposed to hold everyone's hands?" He looks down with a pained expression on his face. "Ah, who am I kidding? You two should lead us, S/n and Kaldur. You two are the only one who can." "Please! I can run circles-." Kid Flash shouts but Robin cuts him off. "Wally, come on. You know they're the ones, we all do." "Hello, Megan!" Miss Martian says, placing her hands on her hips. "It's so obvious." "Coulda told ya." Superboy concludes. "Okay." Wally says, his hands on his hips with a smile. Aqualad turns to S/n. "I congratulate you on earning the role of Leader." Before he can get any further, she stops him. "Woah, there Aqualad. I'm not taking Leader. You are, you guys already let me crash in on your team. I've been in the League for 8 years, I've had my turn in the spotlight, it's your turn. Besides, I'll be your... co-leader giving you guidance and my opinions." She smiles at innocently at the Atlantean who chuckles. "Then I accept the burden." He says as he walks towards Robin, before placing a hand on the younger teen hero. "Until you are ready to lift it from my shoulders. You were born to lead this team. Maybe not now, but soon." Robin smiles at his speech before confirms with a small nod. The two leaders look at each other before nodding. "Alright, our first priority." S/n starts, but Aqualad finishes. "Is preventing that shipment from leaving the island." The all gather around. Robin laugh, before smirking. "Funny, I had the same idea." "Sportsmaster the supplier/buyer." Robin says as all six run down the mine tunnel. "But if doesn't track. He doesn't have the juice to acquire the Blockbuster formula or to get Kobra to do his dirty work." Kid Flash runs at mundane speed with Robin as the two are in the lead. "And neither of them have the chops to bond Blockbuster with Venom. That took some major nerdage." Kid Flash agrees. "I believe the expression is 'tip of the iceberg.'" Aqualad states as the group comes to a stop, as Bane stands in front of their exit. He holds something in his hand. "Halt, ninos." Bane commands, as they look closer it's a bright green stick. "I'm feeling explosive." Behind them are explosives. "You betray us. Why?" Aqualad asks, confused and shocked."If only somebody warned us. Or told us to tie him up. Oh wait,... that was me." S/n says sarcastically before saying the last part serious. "I want my factory back." The villain simply said. "Kid, you'll need a running start." Aqualad says through the mind link. The speedster slowly takes a step backward. "So I forced you into a situation where you would either take down my enemies or die trying. If the latter, the Justice League would certainly come to avenge their sidekicks. And when the smoke cleared Santa Prisca would be mine once more." He smirks, as he held out the trigger. "Blowing the tunnel with you inside should have the same effect." He didn't notice the blur and went to press the button only to find it gone. "With what?" Kid  Flash's voice asks from behind him. Bane turns to him. "This trigger thingy."  He shows him the intact trigger. Bane goes to punch the speedster but was pulled away by M'gann  using her telekinesis, as she holds him in the air. The others join her. "Finally." Superboy said, pleased, amused, and slightly desperate as he was in his fighting stance. "Drop him." M'gann drops her hand letting him fall right into Superboy's hard uppercut.

•~•~•

The helicopter is now running. "The helicopter is operational, exhaled one." An agent states the obvious. Sportsmaster walks towards the chopper, only to be stopped by Kid Flash as takes out agents. "Take the shipment." Kobra commands, as Sportsmaster gets ready to leave, but Superboy drops in. "Go again." He asks Blockbuster, the creature runs towards him only to be hit from the side by a stream of water taking him out. "Sorry. Not the plan." He looks at Aqualad. Sportsmaster shoots at Superboy, in his distraction Miss Martian goes in unseen. Sportsmaster soon sees her and holds her in a choke hold still firing at the Kryptonian. Kid Flash takes out a cultist before swiping his mask. "Souvenir." Before running off leaving Shimmer and Kobra. A whip wraps around Shimmer's body and drags her on the ground until she's at a pair of heeled knee length boots. She looks up seeing S/n over her, the handle of her whip in hand, she lifts her pointed heel, slightly over her neck. "I wouldn't move if I were you." Kobra looks to the source and sees the female Leaguer. "I'm just the messenger, Kobra." She says to him. "I know you hate getting your hands dirty." The Boy Wonder snarks at the cult leader getting his attention away. "True." He takes off his cloak. "But sometimes even a Hod must stoop to conquer." Robin smirks before charging at Kobra. The two begin to fight as the Female Leaguer watches. "What's wrong boy? You look disconcerted." Kid Flash runs around knocking out more agents. Aqualad defeats Blockbuster. Sportsmaster throws M'gann at Superboy before leaving, she presses the button on top setting off the bomb in the helicopter.

Robin gets knocked to the ground, and Kobra puts his massive foot on his chest, keeping him pinned. S/n kicks Shimmer's head knocking her out before releasing her whip and snaps it at Kobra who catches it and shock expressed on her face, before he pulls her towards him. He quickly grabs her by the neck choking her before lifting her up, on the side next to Robin. "I am plagued by mosquitoes!" Kobra proclaims. "Good, because these mosquitoes is mighty concerned over your pain." He somehow gets Kobra off him, dropping S/n as they roll into a handstand and spring back towards the team. The six stand ready to go against him. He looks at the before steps back, calmly. "Another time then." He disappears into the shadows. Robin follows him but is shocked only to find the forest. He walks back towards the others. "We picked the right guys to lead." Robin tells them sincerely. "Automatically making you the right guys to explain this to Batman!" He walks away laughing. The Atlantean turns to the wide eyed Leaguer. "You're the leader not me." She says, scared and worried for her life about thinking explaining this to Batman, before walking after Robin. He looks down deep in thought.

•~•~•

Mount Justice | August 4; 13:06

"A simple recon mission." Batman says as he gets in front of Aqualad's face. "Observe and report." He backs off. "You'll each receive written evaluations detailing your many mistakes." Batman walks past all six. "Until then - good job." All their heads snap up. "Who are you and what have you done with Batman? Because I have never got a good job. Ever. I still haven't." The other Leaguer expresses. He slightly does a small smile, liking to punish the girl, before going back to his serious face, no one saw. "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy." All of 5 regular heroes slight relax while S/n has been. "How you adjust to the unforeseen is what determines success. And how you choose who leads, determines character." Aqualad, S/n, and Robin smile at the last part.

•~•~•

Next Post: August 8, 2019