2-Virgina, Foxworth Hall

ابدأ من البداية

"Wait till we tell everyone at school."

"We leave tonight." I looked at Mother unbelievably.

"Tonight?" Me and Cathy said together. Tonight?!

"It's our only chance. I know it's hard, but I promise you whatever you leave behind I will buy you a thousand more in Virginia. You won't miss a thing." I fall back onto the cushion and eyed my mother suspiciously. Something isn't right and I don't know what it is but it isn't right.

"Don't worry, Mom. We're Dollangangers, we'll be happy wherever." Christopher says and I sigh. Dollangangers for sure.

"I knew I could count on you Christopher." Mother hugs him and I roll my eyes. She smiles at us and gets up happy, but turns around and looks at us.

"And one more thing...our name isn't really Dollanganger, it's Foxworth." Mother leaves and I get up and go into my room packing whatever I had to take with me, even my still wrapped present from Father.

We sat in the train. Mother and Cathy holding onto the twins and me and Christopher sitting next to each other, talking about Foxworth Hall as everyone else was sleeping.

"You'd have your own acting room, with stages and costumes just for rehearsing." I smile and look at Christopher.

"And you'll have the woods to explore in and lakes to examine which is way better than any old boring biology class."

I smile and Christopher takes his hand in mine for just a split second until the conductor comes by and wakes up Mother causing to wake up Cathy and the twins. Mother takes out some money and I carry Carrie as she is tired and held onto Cathy's hand until her mind has waken up a bit. Christopher has Cory and Mother gave the man the money and we walked away. Mother said something about someone meeting us at the destination but yet something didn't feel right.

"Godspeed, Mrs.Patterson."

I looked back at the man weirdly and kept on moving not wanting to be left behind. We reached the stop station and waited. I gave Carrie to Cathy whom has finally woken up from her mind slumber.

"I thought you said someone was meeting us here Mother." Mother nervously rummage through her purse until she closes it.

"We should be there before the sun breaks. It's a long walk."

"How long? I can't carry the twins." I looked at Cathy and sighted, agreeing with Cathy as Christopher looks at us both while carrying Cory.

"Well let them walk, the country air will do them good."

Cathy and Christopher put down the twins and we started walking off the station and towards somewhere. I'll admit that the country does look beautiful. We soon walked into a nice property and I whispered to Christopher while walking with both Cathy and Carrie.

"Where we going? I wanna go back home now!" Carrie says and I sighted. She's a child, she won't understand.

"Just a little further and everything will be alright." I looked behind me turning at Christopher.

"You really think so?" It was unclear what was Mother's motivation as of now.

"Yes. If that's what Mom said." Such a Mama's boy, the golden boy he is I tell you.

We walked further more until there was a house, enormous house that had green vines all over making it seem beautiful. Mother stopped and I got a bad feelings about the house.

"This is Foxworth Hall." It does look creepy. Looking at Cathy and Christopher, they're smiling and the twins are probably getting bad vibes since Carrie doesn't like this already and she's only five years old.