Partners

Katherine POV

Cole and I walk up the stairs to his room in silence. I knew what he wanted to talk about and I wasn't sure if I was ready to hear it. Obviously he was into some deep shit and I wanted him to tell me but not right now. I needed time to myself to think. But I guess better now then never.

He shuts the door as I sit down on his bed getting comfortable. Preparing myself for whatever was going to come out of his mouth. He stands in front of me, tearing his hands through his hair. I realized he did that when he was nervous or upset.

"Do you have any questions for me?" He ask quietly. I bit on my lip thinking of nothing to say. I had so many things going through my head but I didn't know what to say. Idiot. "Are you a bad person?" I ask even quieter. I'm surprised he heard me.

"Depends who you ask." He says emotionless. I nod my head trying to figure our what that means.
"What do you do?" I ask.
"I'm in a gang. With Elijah, Axel and Matt." He says back. A gang? It didn't surprise me as much as I thought. He was a bad boy. They carried guns around like it was there phone! I'm not worried. I know none of them would lay a finger on me. Ok, maybe Axel. Only if I made him angry or something silly.
"What made you want to join a gang?" I ask after a couple minutes of silence.

"I didn't join, I run it. My father was gang leader before me. He died, leaving me to take his place." Cole reply's back leaning his body against his closet door. I nod my head again.
   "So is Lucas like your arch nemesis or something?" I ask innocently.
   "He's did some bad shit, he's on everyone's shit list." Cole paces back and forth making me feel uncomfortable.
   "What did he do to you guys?"
   "You don't wanna know. Just I don't ever wanna see him around you EVER." Cole reply's.
   "Cole, I'm not a little girl. Tell me what he did!" I say almost yelling. Cole looks almost taken back but doesn't stop pacing for long.
   "He killed Axels girlfriend in front of him. They were very close. Lucas kills people for money, drugs, or status. Even for fun if he's bored. He's never been caught and he never will. He rarely leaves his house so it's hard to track him and kill him." Cole says with a murderous face. He was very serious about killing Lucas.

  No wonder Axel was so storm cold. His girlfriend died in front of him. And he still hasn't been able to avenge her. Cole looks over to me and frowns. Probably because I haven't spoken in awhile. He bends down on his knees and places his hands on the outside of my thighs. He looked so vulnerable right now. I hated him being upset.

"Please don't be afraid of me. I would never hurt you. You know that. Even though you shouldn't even be around me. It's been proved that I'm to dangerous for you to be around. Lucas could have took you just because I was associated with you, just to piss me off. But I'm selfish and I want you to stay, with me." He finishes running his hands up and down my thighs. I slowly relax at his contact. I wasn't afraid of him at all. That was the very last thing. It was dangerous to be around him but I liked him. And I think he does to.

   "I'm not leaving anytime soon." I bring my hand up to his face and run my thumb in circles on his face. He lays his face further into my palm and closes his eyes. I loved moments like these. When he wouldn't act tough. He had a soft side but he didn't want anyone to know that.

  "But I do have to go home. We have school tomorrow." I stand up with him still on his knees. Crotch level almost. "Please stay the night with me." He asks rushing his hands up my pants. I roll my eyes for the 500th time this week. Why does he always want me to stay over? It's not like I'm his girlfriend. "Please." He begs once more and I give up.

  Cole hands me a shirt and a pair of his sweats that drag down heavily. They were WAY to big but super warm. "Turn around." I order him. I didn't feel like walking to the bathroom, I was almost to tired to change. He turned around for me to change. I strip but I almost thought I saw him turn his head. Probably just me being tired. When I'm done I lay down in bed waiting for Cole to turn the light off.