Prologue

Katherine POV

As we walk into the house I don't even bother checking it out. I know I won't be here long so there's no use memorizing things. I take a box up the stairs to find my room. My mother lets me pick my own since she feels bad for us moving a lot. I set the box down in the biggest room with a huge window viewing the backyard. This house was beautiful but expensive.

    My mother is the CEO of a large business. She's never really home either because she's working or sleeping with a random guy from a bar. My dad left us when I was 10 for a busty blonde. So mom hasn't really been able to make a love connection since.

   I hear my mother yell for me downstairs. I realize I've been standing here looking out the window for more than 5 minutes.

I continue to bring box after box into the house and to different rooms. We had just moved from Arizona, now in Alabama. I'm pretty sure I've been to almost every state since the day I was born to now. Being that it is 1/4 into senior year, it's going to be even harder to make friends.

  I slump to the floor telling myself tomorrow Ill decorate my room but I just need sleep right now.

   I decide to waste my Sunday on arranging my room to how I like it. My room consist of bookshelves on both sides of a tv. One with books and the other with movies. I hang up fairy lights around my bed post and other areas.

   I place my bed in the middle of the room where when I wake up I see the sun through the window. I hang up some posters and place knickknacks on my desk and dresser. By the time I'm down it's 3 in the afternoon.

  I still have to go to target and get some school supplies. I put my hair in a messy ponytail and put on some clean clothes. I walk down stairs to see my mom putting plates in the cabinet.

  "I gotta go to target, I'll be back before dinner time." I say grabbing the car keys.

  "Alright I'll be cleaning." She says without looking away from what she's doing.

  My mother and I love each other but have never sat down and had a girly talk. The talks where you talk about boys or makeup or something. She had never had time.

  I jump into my truck and drive off. I had a old Chevy truck that was barely working, but my mom said I couldn't get a new one until this one broke down completely. I didn't want a new one anyways. I've had this since forever. It used to be my grandpas truck until he passed.

  I didn't take very long in target especially since it was later in the day. I got what I needed and left at 5. I came home to see a sticky note on the fridge.

  "Out" was all that it said. Lord knows where's she's at or when she will be back.

   I run up the stairs to my room and pack my things for tomorrow. I already wanna vomit thinking about it. I take a shower and lay out my clothes soon falling asleep. I hope tomorrow goes well.

Hello Darlings ❤️
I know this is short but it's only a prologue. I just wanted to give some info of Katherines life. The chapters will be wayyyyy longer.
Thanks for reading;)
"Comment and Vote"