Chapter 46: Khaos at the Summit Part 3

Vali Lucifer held Y/N up by his throat. Y/N grabbed at his wrist but it didn't do anything. Y/N was still feeling exhausted after he'd used his and Gasper's power to shut down the main magic circle.

The others stepped forward, wary of what Vali was doing. Rias had Crimson Destruction beginning to power up her hands while lightning flickered across Akeno's fingers. Kiba and Xenovia gripped their swords. Issei stood in front of Asia as he charged up his Sacred Gear.

"You're getting slow in your old age," Azazel humoured, seemingly not bothered by Vali's sudden betrayal.

Y/N gave him an offended look. He hated being called old almost as much as he hated being betrayed. His protege's hand was around his throat and he was cracking jokes. Unfortunately, that's just Azazel's way.

"Forgive me, Azazel. This side seemed more interesting," Vali's voice was distorted by the armour.

"Vali!" Issei yelled in anger. "So you're the one who betrayed us!?"

"Oi, Vali," Azazel interrupted. "I want to ask you something. Shemhazai, my Governor, noticed that rebels from the three great factions were banding together. The 'Khaos Brigade', was it?"

"'Khaos Brigade'?" Sirzechs questioned.

"A group of rebels!" Serafall yelled, also not happy that Y/N was trapped in the White Dragon's hand. "There aren't many who can control a bunch of guys like that..."

Azazel continued. "And their leader is...the Uroboros Dragon, Ophis."

Y/N would have gasped if he could. He had never met Ophis himself, but Ophis was a threat so powerful even God feared them. Had Vali really allied himself with something like them?

"Indeed, I am working with Ophis," Vali revealed. "But neither of us want to rule the world. Some idiots came after us for our power."

"That explains a thing or two. I thought you'd gotten all buddy-buddy with Katerea because neither of you could become a Satan," Azazel remarked.

Since Vali was Lucifers descendant, he had a right to become his replacement, but that role was currently being filled by Sirzechs. Katerea's goal had been to kill them all so she could take the title of Leviathan back but Azazel had been able to stop her. However, Vali was a much bigger threat than her.

But if Vali didn't want to become a Satan, then what did he want?

"Well then, if you're not after the title of Satan, then what are you after?" Azazel questioned.

"All I desire is to fight strong opponents. I don't care to rule nor do I care about my name, Lucifer. All I want is to take down the strongest of opponents," Vali answered. "Issei Hyoudou!"

Issei glared up at him. "What?"

"With the power of a Satan and a Dragon, I am the strongest being of them all. Meanwhile, you are a mere Human. Until you were reborn as a Devil, you were nothing more than an average schoolboy. So pitiful..." Vali mocked. "Our Sacred gears are rivals and yet our abilities are worlds apart. So, how about I give you a hand and boost your power through revenge? Say, after I kill your parents? Do you believe you'll get stronger then?"

Issei felt a burning anger flow through him. In Vali's hand, a shocked Y/N couldn't believe what he was hearing. Vali wouldn't know this, but his words reminded Y/N of Lucifer himself.

Lucifer would threaten Humankind and all the other species. The first Satan was a harsh and unfeeling monster. When he became infatuated with Lilith, Y/N grew even more worried because Lucifer had found someone just as messed up as him. They had had a child who became Vali's grandfather. Luckily, Y/N had been able to kill Lilith before she could bear anymore of his children.