Chapter 1: Wings of White Part 1

The streets of Kuoh were as packed as always. People of all ages walked down the sidewalk, some with briefcases in hands, others holding the hands of their loved ones, and others holding nothing at all.

It's interesting how many people you walk past per day and think nothing of it. All these people have lives, stressful or simple, all of them matter. You could walk past the most important person in existence and not even know it.

So as a male, looking like the average teenager, strolled down the streets clad in a white buttoned shirt, casual black slacks, and stylish black dress shoes with white earphones in his ears, nobody thought anything of it, and those were the people who just walked past one of the most important people in unrecorded history.

'Mama take this badge from me. I can't use it anymore. It's getting dark too dark to see. Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.'

The grocery bag in his hand swayed with his movement but all the items remained inside. It wasn't long until he reached his destination.

'Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door, eh yeah.'

The building he desired finally showed itself. It was a cheap three-story apartment building that was on the verge of hitting bankruptcy every day of the week.

The teenager entered the building via the main entrance. The sliding doors slid open with a slight squeak. He continued to walk before reaching the door to the stairwell. He pushed open the door with his free hand and stepped through.

'Mama put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore. That cold black cloud is comin' down. Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.'

After trekking up the steps, he reached the second floor. The corridor had beige wallpaper walls that were in need of a make-over. The doors were brown and old with little golden numbers on them. The lights above occasionally flickered which wasn't great as there were no windows.

The teenager strolled down the corridor but came to halt next to one of the doors.

The golden numbers on the brown wooden door read '2E'. He fished into his pocket before pulling out a keychain. All it had was one metal key with the paint starting to chip away and a small silver cross keychain next to it.

He used the key to unlock the door and let himself in.

'Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door.'

When he entered the apartment, he was greeted with his joint living room and kitchen. To his right was the kitchen itself with a fridge, oven, microwave, the usual. In front of him was the living room with a burgundy leather couch, a burgundy leather chair, and an average sized, wooden table. Up against the walls were cabinets but no TV. On the chairs right was a sliding glass door that led to a small balcony that one could see a lot of the town from.

Further to the right were two doors, one of which led to a small bathroom with an operational bath shower, toilet, and sink. The other door led to a bedroom with a queen size bed, bedside table and a small closet. There was also a window that overlooked a different part of the town.

The complex was decaying, the corridors were unpleasant, the rooms were small, and most of all uncomfortable. The normal person would definitely hate it here.

"Home sweet home."

'Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door.'