Chapter 9: Pray for the Wicked

Issei jogged up the cobble stairs with Asia held tight in his hands. After having lost her Sacred Gear to Raynare, Issei had managed to get her out of the torture basement, leaving Y/N behind to take more Rogue Exorcists than Issei could count.

He gently laid her down on one of the wooden pews. Her breast was still hanging loose but Issei paid that no mind.

"Asia, hang in there," He begged of her. "You'll be free once we get out of here. We can have fun together, always."

Asia stirred again. Her eyes flickered open but she was still weak. She raised her hand up which Issei gently held tightly within his own.

"It wasn't for long, but I'm so happy I was able to make a friend," She told him, her voice quiet and soft.

Tears spilt out his eyes. "What are you saying? There are so many more places I want to show you! Karaoke bars, amusement parks, bowling alleys...I'll introduce you to my friends as well. Matsuda and Motohama. They're a bit perverted, but they're really nice guys. I'm sure they'll be your friends, Asia!" His tears dropped down to their hands. "And we'll have a huge party! A ridiculously huge one!"

Asia smiled, her eyes twinkling. "If I had been born here and had gone to school with you, it would've been so wonderful..."

"No, you are coming," Issei corrected. "I'll take you."

Asia slipped her hand out Issei's and caressed his cheek. "You're crying for me. I couldn't ask for more..." She too began to cry. "Thank you."

Slowly, her hand fell from his cheek and landed by her side. Her face, despite her powerful tears, showed that she was at peace. The smile on her proved that she'd been happy with how it had all ended.

Issei, on the other hand, was not.

"Asia?" He gently called out. "Why? Why did you have to die? You were a king girl that'd cure anyone who was injured, even Devils!" He pulled her into his arms, crying violently. "Hey, God! I know you're there! Don't take her! Please, I beg you! She didn't do anything! She just wanted some friend! Won't you listen because I'm a Devil!? Does her life mean nothing because she became friends with a Devil!?" Issei's cries echoed through the church, begging to get Asia back.

"Please, God!"

_______________________________________

Y/N had no choice but to carry on fighting. He had to give Issei a chance to get him and Asia out of the church.

With Asia dying and her Sacred Gear stolen by Raynare, it was practically a fact that Rias was going to find out.

He didn't know how she'd react. Would she be angry with him? Disappointed? What would happen to Issei? He knew she cared for her servants so he had to hope that her punishment for him wouldn't be too severe. But what would she do to him? She'd probably force him to leave Kuoh, and he'd been fine with, guaranteed that Issei and Asia were alright.

If she really did that, then he would never see them again. He would either keep travelling the world, avoiding Kuoh or return to Heaven depending on how serious she was. As the next Heiress to the Gremory Clan, she had power and control. If she desired it, then she could start a war with her peerage against him. But he'd never be able to face off Akeno and Issei, not because they were stronger than him, but because it might just hurt too much.

After dodging to the side, narrowly avoiding a light blade, he saw something loom over him. He looked up to see that Raynare had just flown over him with her black wings spread.

She landed in front of the door that led to the church. She glanced back at him, giving him a wicked smile.

He could easily read her like one of his many books. She thought she'd won. she was going to go up there and finish what she started.