CHAPTER 30: GARDEN RUN

Start from the beginning

Then the Dean ripped up the paper. "Pepe has been in the infirmary ever since the last time he went on the Garden Run."

Infirmary, Luke thought. Then he heard someone whisper something about a coma. This kid Pepe has been in a coma for over four months after he was brought back from the Garden Run. It made Luke wonder what happens during a Garden Run and how dangerous it was.

The Dean told Sirius to pick again and Sirius shrugged his shoulders and went to cover his eyes. He dug through the bowl and the next worst thing happened.

Another white slip of paper.

And Sirius's eyebrows rose up as if he wanted no part of the chaos that would ensue.

But he raised his voice and shouted over the murmur: "Luke Sanchez."

Congratulations, you have made it to the halfway point of the story

Congratulations, you have made it to the halfway point of the story. I tried to limit the amount of Author's Notes in Children of the Archangels to a minimum, however, I wanted to use this median as way to gauge your thoughts on the story and offer some insight into the universe and what you can expect with the next half of the book.

Children of the Archangels takes place in a universe that I have been developing for the past 10+ years. The universe spans six and a half books out of roughly 15 following one character who is so powerful, he makes Luke look like an injured ant. In another book, we follow a female who can manipulate every element to her will. In another story, we follow a college-age student who lives in the forest with animals whom he communicates with.

So yes, I've been developing this for quite some time, and Children of the Archangels is a brief summation of the universe for a new reader. 

As for Children of the Archangels, Luke has been selected to go on the Garden Run. What is the Garden Run? What will this mean for him and Sirius? Will he be able to survive such a journey?

The second half of the book will be the adventure portion of the book. Luke has studied at this school for over two months now. He has learned to use his powers better and has an understanding of his past and the world he inherits. His powers and leadership by example will be put to the test as he ventures towards the place where humanity fell from perfection...

Many people have been asking me--well, how come these people were mentally lost or confused but now all of them seem okay? That question is answered in the second half of the book, as we see how people with mental disabilities are "cured." It is a process that will leave even Luke guessing whether or not it's right or wrong...

Finally, I wanted to leave off with a couple of questions to gauge your thoughts on the book. Feel free to answer as you choose. I read all comments and try to respond as quickly as I can. I also take feedback very seriously and make changes as I see fit. Now, onto the fun survey.

1) Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Any reason why this character is your favorite? 😀

2) Which character would you like to see burn in Hell? 🔥

3) Which character do you think people should keep an eye on? 🤨

4) Which archangel do you wish you were adopted by? 😇

5) Which archangel would you hide in shame because he or she adopted you? 😥

6) Dean Ammon: Principal of the year or worthy of cutting out a picture of him and throwing darts at him while you curse him out? 🤬

7) Which class would you like the most at SGA? 🏫

8) Which class would make you rather get paper cuts on your tongue than sit through such crap? 👅📝

9) Yes or No: Sirius can be my baby daddy. 👅💘

10) Yes or No: Alpha is the most adorable 15-year-old to have ever existed in the universe

10) Yes or No: Alpha is the most adorable 15-year-old to have ever existed in the universe. 💕

11) What would be your weapon of choice to use in the sim/combat training? ⚔️

12) Create your own Zengan: mash up two or more animals and tell the world why they should be feared. Name them if you wish! 🐺🦅🐝🐍🐘🦏🦒🐃

13) 13 Reasons Why you should share this with 13 friends (Fun, action, adventure, angels, awesome characters, a great school people may actually want to attend, dumb bullies, MC who beats the crap out of the dumb bullies, big daddy Sirius, baby brother Alpha, sausage party, an army of students training to fight for God, & funny AF.) [Psst: Tags work well.]

14) Which character's diary would you like to read? 📖

15) On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the book so far? Any suggestions for improvements? 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣4️⃣5️⃣6️⃣7️⃣8️⃣9️⃣🔟

16) Share any other thoughts here! 💬

Don't be shy people. If you answered even one of these questions, thank you very much! I promise you, the second half of the book is going to be EPIC! Dark angels, extinct wildlife, legendary creatures, and of course, more demons!

Lots of love.❤️

- L. A. Rivera