Chapter Eight

Começar do início

“Please don’t do that again. You just gave me a heart attack,” Jean says, looking obviously frazzled.

She smirks. “Ah, don’t worry Kirschstein. I know what I’m doing.”

“Hardly,” he retorts.

Nora sighs, looking down at the Titan’s clawing at the tree she’s standing on. They’re desperately trying to reach her, looking at her with hungry eyes. She rolls her eyes at them. “Bastards,” she mumbles.

“How do you feel, Nora?” Reiner asks, heading to her tree. He brushes some of her curly hair from her eyes, revealing a cut on her forehead. “Still bleeding a little.”

“I’ll be fine,” she says quickly.

“I think you should have someone look at-” Reiner starts, but a high pitched shriek reverberates from inside the trees.

“Levi,” Nora gasps, pushing away from Reiner. He grabs her shoulder roughly.

“Don’t go in there.”

“Reiner,” she says, trying to push him off, but to no avail. “Levi’s in there. I have to see what’s- what the hell?” Everyone looks down to see all of the Titans that were desperately trying to reach the soldiers in the trees run deeper into the forest, ignoring them completely. “Levi!” she yells, pushing Reiner roughly in the chest. Once his hand leaves her shoulder, she jumps from the tree and uses her maneuver gear to head deeper inside the forest with the giant trees.

She hears the snapping noise of wires behind her, and she knows everyone is now following her. She maneuvers around the trees and rushes into the forest, fearing what she’ll see.

She sees what’s left of the female Titan from before, being devoured by other Titans. She looks with horror, standing motionless until she feels herself being pulled from her standing position, getting dragged by someone.

“What are you doing here, brat?” he asks, not looking at her. She’s under his arm, entire weight being supported by only his right arm, which is still managing to use his gear.

“Heichou, what the hell just happened back there?”

“We caught that bastard,” he says. “But don’t call me ‘Heichou’ right now. There’s no one else here.” He finally lands the two of them on a tree, far from the carnage with the female Titan. “You’ve been hurt,” he comments, pushing some of her hair away from face. It’s stuck to her skin, covered in sweat, dirt, and blood.

“I’ll live,” she says with a smile.

“Tch.” He grabs her left arm, seeing blood seep through the fabric of her shirt, jacket, and cloak. He grabs her cloak and pulls it over her head, and pulls her jacket off. He rips the sleeve of her long sleeved white shirt, which is stained with a big pool of blood, and reveals a large gash.