Come on In

❦→[July 8th, 1969]
✰ ⇢[Characters: Peter, Davy, Mike & you]

The past few weeks have been bothering you more then ever. It's been almost two years since you've dated Davy Jones, and broke up. His fame became too much for you and you never got to see him due to the band touring, so you both mutually decided to let go of the relationship. You haven't spoke to him since. You've gotten over him, and never really thought of him, until you had a dream about him. Mike and Peter were hanging out with you tonight, and you wanted to tell them how Davy has been coming up in your thoughts lately.

"No, she's so groovy man, how can you not think so?"
Mike goes rambling about a girl they've seen on tour.
"Mike, theirs no way you can get with her anyways, rumor has it she's dating a Beatle!" Peter laughs.
"Yeah but, I think-"
"Does Davy ever mention me?" You interrupted Mike.

They both had puzzled looks on their faces and gave each other a look, and then they looked back at you.
"That was random, y/n, why do you ask?"
Peter questions. They both are giving you a "Really?" Look.
"Y/n, I thought you were over him! Plus I thought you liked Micky." Mike says while raising an eyebrow.
"Well, These last few weeks, he's been a lot more on my mind the usual, and it's weird because I do like Micky and all, but Davy's been popping up in my mind more then usual, that's all."
You quietly say while looking down at your Blue jeans.
Peter sighs and says,
"Well I guess now is a good time to tell you,
He's coming over in about... 25 minutes"
Your eyes practically come out of your eyes and anxiety flushes over you.
"What?!" You panic and rush to the bathroom to touch up.

"I thought you were over him!" Peter laughs.
"Well I guess not" Mike Chuckles.
As you do a few quick touch ups you come out looking the same but better in a few ways.
"You're alright man" Peter says.
"Okay when's he coming over again?" You ask looking at the clock above the sink.
"He should be here anytime now" Mike says.
As you get laughed at by the boys and you try your best to chill out, your peace is interrupted by a few light knocks.

It's funny how you know the way he knocks or how his footsteps sound in the hall.
You're completely scared it will be awkward or something and you sit on the couch with your heart falling out of your chest as Mike opens the door.

There, you see him. Smooth, brown hair over his face and a smile as he sees Mike and Peter. He hadn't noticed you for a good 10 seconds but when he did, and your eyes locked, you felt something. A spark? No. Guilt? No. It was something else. It was a heavy gut feeling and you just looked at him. He couldn't have looked better to be honest.

You swallowed and smiled,
"Hi Davy!" You wave awkwardly.
"Oh, hi y/n" he sounded shy.

Great. It's awkward already.
Peter and Mike nodded to each
Other and Mike said,
"Well me and Pete have To Run
Up to the market for tonight's
Dinner. Lasagna." He giggled a little.
They followed each other out the door and
It was just you and Davy. You can
Tell he was trying to avoided eye contact
And that hurt a lot. He didn't want to even
Look at you.

However, you couldn't stand this anymore. You had decided to speak up.
"Look Davy," you began,
"I know we ended not on the
Best terms, but I really want
To be friends again. I miss all
Of us going out and talking trash
About other bands and how funny
It is when Micky gets high,
And everything else!"
He looked at you a little taken back.

You were scared and as soon as he
Opened his mouth, your chest hurt
Really bad and your stomach tightened.

"Y/n, I haven't reached out to you because
I don't want to be friends or anything like that,
It was because how much it hurt. I thought time would heal everything, and it did. The tour was very busy and wild, and I'm glad you let me know how you felt, but I don't want to be friends. I miss you. I miss us."
Davy said quietly.

You felt your eyes begin to tear up,
And you couldn't manage to say
Anything other then,
"I miss you too."

He walked over to you and with that look he always gave you, said this,
"I think I still love you."
"I think I do too." You said as you flicked your tears away.
You gave each other a long hug, and nothing had ever felt better then hugging him. You felt safe. You felt loved. You felt at home.

////////////////////////////////////////
Okay how many times have I used that
Pic of Davy? 😂 I've used it a lot tbh.
Anyways, sorry for not writing as much!
I hope you guys are enjoying life and
If you ever need to talk about anything,
I'm always open :)